Can't get Axe-Edit to default to Ultra

I had to reinstall Axe Edit on another computer and I cannot get it to sync to hardware. When I go to the application settings it is set to Axe II and is grayed out. It will not allow me to change it there. I went to the workspace and set the configuration to the ultra but the application setting says the workspace is still set to the Axe-FX II and I cannot change it from there. I assume this is why it won't sync. My midi connection is good, the editor sees my presets in the banks.

with my edit for the ultra I have to select the input and output source before it will let me select the ultra!

The most reliable version of axe-edit for use with the Axe-Fx Standard/Ultra is 1.0.191. Later versions could cause problems. When I installed of Axe Edit (Windows 7 PC), the program asked which Axe-Fx "Default Configuration" you wanted to use with it, so I selected the "Standard" option to match my Axe-Fx at installation of the Axe-Edit program.

If you close AE then delete the Axe-Edit.settings file, it will ask you to choose a workspace and default config next time. In Windows this file should be found in Users/(username)/AppData/Roaming/Fractal Audio/Axe-Edit.

1.0.318 worked fine here with an Ultra. The older versions recommended above had some minor issues and lacked a few preset management tools IIRC, so I'd recommend trying to get your current version running before installing an older one.

IIRC, version 1.0.191 was the most stable of the older versions of Axe-Edit for Standard/Ultra. Later versions had an extra dose of crashes and weird behavior.

Back
Top Bottom