Can't get a good sound

The most important adjustment to make, when going into a tube amp and guitar cab, is to turn down the hi/lo res n the speaker section of the amp block. I personally turn them all the way down/off and get the most responsive results.
Yup..I do this..Globally turn off all cabs and poweramps.

The biggest mistake people make when turning off the power amp modeling is not realizing to set the Presence control to 5.00 since it becomes an active high-shelf filter when power amp modeling is turned off. Since many amp models default to a Presence value of something other than 5.00 this can cause strange sounds.

Might be better to disable the presence control when power amps are turned off. Plenty of other eq opportunities.

The biggest mistake people make when turning off the power amp modeling is not realizing to set the Presence control to 5.00 since it becomes an active high-shelf filter when power amp modeling is turned off. Since many amp models default to a Presence value of something other than 5.00 this can cause strange sounds.

That explains a LOT related to when I was running through an engl e840. The lack of knowledge didn't kill it for me, granted, I just didn't really understand why I needed the presence on the AngleSevere2 to be set around 2.5 or so to get the sound I wanted--I used to run the real amp with the presence closer to noon and it was good. This little tidbit is actually more helpful now that I've switched to a gt1000fx and turned PA modeling back on, so now I know that the presence on my existing patches might need some re-thinking.

Also whoever mentioned v30's being too thin/harsh/whatever...I tend to agree after a short experience last night. Picked up an Orange PPC112 with a v30 and wasn't liking the sound all that much. Pulled an Eminence Legend V12 (Avatar's brand-specific spec of the V12 anyways) and threw that in...so much better. Had to add some top-end back to the tone but the whole thing is just so much more full and balanced. Maybe a 412 of v30's wouldn't be as bad as a 112, but I think for me I'll only ever have v30's if they're paired with other speakers for a combo/x-pattern tone.

Maybe a poweramp on/off switch could simplify user xp... When turned off it would put presence to 5 and sag to 0

That explains a LOT related to when I was running through an engl e840. The lack of knowledge didn't kill it for me, granted, I just didn't really understand why I needed the presence on the AngleSevere2 to be set around 2.5 or so to get the sound I wanted

2.5-3 is the actual sweet spot on the current severe2, but it might be an error. Same with the energyball, the amount of presence makes no sense compared with the actual ENGL. The severe1 presence is normal. Some amps are more or less on point, like the VH4s, incredibly realistic, whereas the VH4b is way less open, sounds small and constricted, nothing like a Diezel. I think it's a presence issue as well. Maybe the issue was on the amp, also. Tube amps are so fragile and unreliable... Cliff models what he has.

Is this is something that can auto set to 5.00 when power amp modeling is turned off to lessen the knowledge burden on the user. I bet it could go back to its original value when power amp modeling is turned back on as well.

Back
Top Bottom