Can't find amps?

xzacx

My apologies in advance if this has been asked many times, but I tried searching and couldn't find anything. I'm a brand new user and technologically challenged, but I'm forcing myself to learn how to use the AX8 for at least 3 months before giving up.

Anyway, I see the included 256 different models, but when searching banks on the unit or AX8 edit, I'm only seeing the first 16 banks filled with 8 models each, for a total of 128. And when I've looked for some specific amps (Jazz 120/JC-120, for example), it's nowhere to be found. Anyone know where to find the rest? Or if I need to do some type of installation? I assume it's a simple answer, but I haven't been able to figure it out. Thanks a lot in advance!

Thanks for the quick reply. So, does that mean that only some of the amps are included in the presets?

If you're using Ax8 edit, click on the amp block. On the left side of the screen you'll see a place with the amp model name. Click on that and you'll get a list of amps.

Here is a link to a list I made that lists the suggested cab. I laminated this sheet and keep it for quick reference.

Attachments

• Amps and Cabs PDF.pdf
    51.9 KB · Views: 30
Is there anyway to get the matched cab come up when you select an amp?

EDIT: @Gearzilla beat me to it, check out da Wiki

I see your predicament as I struggled early on (2014) to find the ideal matches. Through some helpful members and discovery, the wiki (as "outdated" as some claim) is a helpful resource:

http://wiki.fractalaudio.com/axefx2/index.php?title=Amp:_all_models

If you have an amp you really want to try or enjoy in real life, select the amp you would like and pay attention to the Suggested Cabs portion underneath the picture on the Wiki. That resource helps me when experimenting with your favorite amps.

As you continue to develop your unique process for preset building remember to start simple. In the manual it advocates the same mantra to start simple with just an amp + cab with straight shunts from I > O. Once you have that tone you're seeking to replicate or create, add your effects or parameters that enhance the preset. One more thing is the more you play with the CAB block, the more you will find that this block is really where the "openness" of the tonality comes from. No one would ever run a Mesa Mark V into a 1X8 Oval cab, or would you? You wouldn't run a Fender Twin Reverb into a 4X12 Mesa Cab, or would you? Those discoveries are part of the fun that FAS technology offers. If you're still struggling, try the "basic" 2X12 or 4X12 cabs to begin your journey.

Hope that helps, cheers!

Back
Top Bottom