Can't download update firmware as zipped file from website

Deeganfox

trying to update MFC MARK 2 MIDI foot controller,BUT when i down load firmware from site, it shows up as a pdf....
It says exec in green letters on my MacBook..
What am i doing wrong?

Hello chris,i got it from the fractal audio.com
Yes.

ok i tried it and the file type is a .syx. that is a SysEx file, which you load into a MIDI send program. it does have the icon of a "exec" which is correct.

did you read the "read me" file?

i read the read me file and did everything step by step, using my axe 2 as a midi interface,
problem starts when i push download for mfc firmware update from the fractal site, it always appears as a document that fractal bot can't open cause there's no file to download.
The site has a 3.08 update and a beta 3.09 and it says it's a zipped archive, but soon as i push download, it appears as a blue folder in my downloads, and when opened, it is two exec in green and two pdf instructions, notes.
I watched a vid from chris at axe fx tutorials Katsukurimedia.(how to update the mfc 101 with fractal bot)and was able to update my axe fx 2 from a similar vid, cant remember from who.
i thank people like him and yourself for all the help,as I'm not very good with computers.
Im very anxious to start playing just as soon as i can update my mfc.
Whatever suggestions you have is very appreciated.
Im just glad to have someone to help me, thank you again Chris.

Back
Top Bottom