Cant do a SysEx Data dump

kmachman

Inspired
I have an Axe FX II XL(FW 14.03) and an MFC 101 MKIII.(FW 3.04)

I am trying to perform a sysex data dump to fractal bot.

I select the MFC as the device, then choose Axe Midi out as the input, then choose begin. It takes me to a page where i follow the instructions to set up the MFC… I see the “SysEX Data Dump" on the screen of the MFC. I click ready on the Fractal bot, but notice that it is receiving data even before i click enter on the MFC.

If i do click enter on the MFC it goes through the motions like it is sending something, but only from the MFC’s side. When it is done the fractal bot is still receiving really slow data and will forever. When i click OK, it will say that it is complete, but it seems to say that whenever i click it.

I am hooked up to the Axe FX XL using an XLR cable through the FASLINK port.

Am i doing something wrong?

My MFC works flawlessly when performing with it. Just doesn’t want to dump.

Darn. Ok. Thanks!

I thought FASLINK would do it all…

Do i need to change any settings on the MFC and AXE when doing a dump?

i figured out i needed to change the i/o midi “sendrealtimesysex” to none and usb adaptor to on…. And change the MFC port to “midi”.

That got my data dump working great.

After it was all finished i changed the settings back, but it does not like that midi cable plugged in, as it will “name timout” when it is plugged in… even though i have the ports set to FASLINK.

Do I have to plug in and unplug the midi cable every time i want to do a dump?

My file is still corrupt. Lots of superfluous midi messages in it.
A legitimate sysex file has exactly 980 MIDI messages in it. My file has 7,798 MIDI messages.

Somewhere, somehow there is extra data seeping into the dump...
When it was uploading Fractal bot told me that there was 140915 bytes... which is off... as it should be 140897 bytes from what i was told.

What exactly am i missing in the setup?

There is a bug in the current version of Fractal-Bot that which has been reported. If you try to send multiple MFC dumps each one will increase in size... 140915, 281830, 422745, etc.

When I perform dumps I just make sure to close/open Fractal-Bot to work-around for now. Give that a try and with the send realtime sysex and USB adapter mode you should be in good shape.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom