Can't connect FX8-Edit

I just got a new computer and I can't connect my FX8 to FX8-Edit. It works fine on my old laptop using the same USB cable and FX8 unit of course.

I tried multiple things based on the info I found in the "Can't connect to AX8-Edit" thread on this forum with no luck.

I already tried all of these:
  • Shutdown all instances of Chrome
  • Reboot the computer
  • Different USB ports
  • Uninstall/Reinstall FX8-Edit
  • Uninstall/Reinstall the FX8 MIDI Device from Device Managers
  • Different sequences of these steps: launch FX8-Edit, launch FX8, connect USB cable to FX8, connect USB cable to computer.
When the unit is connected to the computer "FX8 MIDI" shows up in the device manager under "Sound, video and game controllers"
It also shows up in the "Devices and Printers" page of the Control Panel.
In the FX8-Edit settings under the "General" section, the first Ports dropdown only has "<< none >>" and the second one has "<< none >>" and "Microsoft GS wavetable synth".
This tells me FX8-Edit doesn't see the FX8 MIDI device for whatever reason.
I also noticed the FX8-Edit process consumes a full cpu. I guess it's a thread waiting for a FX8 MIDI device to be available.

Please someone help me with this, I don't know what to do next to fix this.

Thanks

FIXED!

There were some optional windows updates available. I installed all of them and now it automagically works.

There is now a difference in the device properties. Two software devices were not there before.

1608415213607.png

Attachments

• 1608415169359.png
    1608415169359.png
    32.2 KB · Views: 2
Back
Top Bottom