Can't change excursion time since FW18.08?

Mornna84

Don't get me wrong, to me, FW18.08 is really the best FW I ever had in my axe-fx2.
The one and only thing that puzzles me a little bit since i updated is this time excursion issue.
As I only gig on very rare occasions, my axe-fx is always connected to my studio computer and I only manage it through axe-edit (I'm unfortunately not an advanced front panel user...).
So in axe-edit, the Dynamics section of the Amp block features the Excursion time parameter (I don't even know how to access it from the front panel of the axe-fx...).
Since I updated to FW18.08, when I change the excursion time, this change is never saved after saving the patch.
It always reverts to the default value of the chosen amp.
Maybe this parameter is not supposed to be modified anymore, I would understand that, but i wanna make sure whether this is an axe-edit updating issue or a FW bug. Any idea?

Although not exactly apples to apples, I tried to save a preset, after changing a volume block's bypass state from mute to through (not at machine, so hope I'm not mistaken on verbiage). Every time I reopen the just saved preset, the volume block is set like it was before making changes. Any chance of relationship here?

wow i didn't even know about an Excursion parameter!

are you on the latest version of Axe-Edit? perhaps that was one of the advanced parameters removed with FW18. it should be 3.1.10.

Although not exactly apples to apples, I tried to save a preset, after changing a volume block's bypass state from mute to through (not at machine, so hope I'm not mistaken on verbiage). Every time I reopen the just saved preset, the volume block is set like it was before making changes. Any chance of relationship here?

what are you using to edit? are you on the latest Axe-Edit version (if that's what you're using)? does this same thing happen if you adjust and Store it from the front panel only?

Sounds like you have Auto-Engage set on the Modifier.

Don't get me wrong, to me, FW18.08 is really the best FW I ever had in my axe-fx2.
The one and only thing that puzzles me a little bit since i updated is this time excursion issue.
As I only gig on very rare occasions, my axe-fx is always connected to my studio computer and I only manage it through axe-edit (I'm unfortunately not an advanced front panel user...).
So in axe-edit, the Dynamics section of the Amp block features the Excursion time parameter (I don't even know how to access it from the front panel of the axe-fx...).
Since I updated to FW18.08, when I change the excursion time, this change is never saved after saving the patch.
It always reverts to the default value of the chosen amp.
Maybe this parameter is not supposed to be modified anymore, I would understand that, but i wanna make sure whether this is an axe-edit updating issue or a FW bug. Any idea?

That's a bug (sortof). I had intended to remove these parameters so the block is setting them to defaults whenever refreshed.

Thank you Cliff, that's what I suspected... No problem, it was not that i missed this parameter (not this time... ;)).
I thought maybe the user-accessibility of the excursion time parameter was loosing its necessity since the new G3 modelling technology.
After all, even if the axe-fx is the ideal magic box for tweakers like me, it doesn't make sense to me being able to tweak EVERY tiny aspect of every possible element affecting the whole processed signal within it.

Back
Top Bottom