Can't believe I haven't been using Global Blocks!

Just remember that Global blocks are saved in the System settings, not in the actual preset... So make sure to always back up system settings.

Also if export presets to share with others make sure to unlink globals before exporting/saving. You can unlink and export the current preset without saving,I believe.

Global blocks are such a huge time saver. Why make small updates to dozens or hundreds of presets when you can have one global block that carries those changes across presets? Brilliant.

Just remember that Global blocks are saved in the System settings, not in the actual preset... So make sure to always back up system settings.

Also if export presets to share with others make sure to unlink globals before exporting/saving. You can unlink and export the current preset without saving,I believe.
Yes I saw that in the manual and said it in the video....the one edit that didn't make it lol. Thanks for mentioning it though and definitely thanks for mentioning to BACK UP system settings. This has bitten me lately with some other stuff!

Yes I saw that in the manual and said it in the video....the one edit that didn't make it lol. Thanks for mentioning it though and definitely thanks for mentioning to BACK UP system settings. This has bitten me lately with some other stuff!
I didn't actually watch the video since I started using Global Blocks from when they were added to the Axe Fx II ;)

They are a huge blessing. I do a preset per song approach and use the same amp and IR for all of them. Being able to make changes to them across the board is a huge timesaver.

Yea man, can’t believe I ignored it for so long but then again I really stuck with one preset for a show until recently when I started doing sets that needed to be locked to a click so I started making more individual presets.

That thread is a great read with lots of useful info. I’m going to dig in more and I’m sure I will do another video and probably a good idea to include some of those backup tips as well, especially when you start applying it to more blocks.

Back
Top Bottom