cant backup bank A in 16.04

So are you guys now able to backup your Bank A presets after the 16.04.1 update?
It fixed the crashing presets for me, but I still can't backup my Bank A presets....Am I missing something here?

It happened to me before. Reboot both axe and computer. Then backup banks B and C. After that, try again to backup A. That worked for me

So are you guys now able to backup your Bank A presets after the 16.04.1 update?
It fixed the crashing presets for me, but I still can't backup my Bank A presets....Am I missing something here?

I had backup issue before update. I just installed 16.04.1 and directly after that worked without any reboot etc, doesnt hurt to try

Oh boy, I'm really stumped here guys...
I just reinstalled16.04.1
I rebooted my Axe II and my computer,
I then tried to backup Bank A and at about 100% I got "Message Timeout"...

So I then uninstalled the Fractal Bot AND the FAS-USB drivers,
ran my cleaner restarted my computer,
then reinstalled both the Fractal Bot AND the FAS-USB drivers,
once again tried to backup Bank A and at about 100% I got "Message Timeout"... :mad:

Also, I have no problems backing up Banks B & C along with the System and User Cabs...I should also mention that there is nothing connected to my axe other then the USB cable, so does anyone have any idea why I'm having this issue over and over?
Is anyone else having this same issue?

I would eventually like to be able to back up Bank A because that's where all my personal presets are... :?

Oh boy, I'm really stumped here guys...
I just reinstalled16.04.1
I rebooted my Axe II and my computer,
I then tried to backup Bank A and at about 100% I got "Message Timeout"...

So I then uninstalled the Fractal Bot AND the FAS-USB drivers,
ran my cleaner restarted my computer,
then reinstalled both the Fractal Bot AND the FAS-USB drivers,
once again tried to backup Bank A and at about 100% I got "Message Timeout"... :mad:

Also, I have no problems backing up Banks B & C along with the System and User Cabs...I should also mention that there is nothing connected to my axe other then the USB cable, so does anyone have any idea why I'm having this issue over and over?
Is anyone else having this same issue?

I would eventually like to be able to back up Bank A because that's where all my personal presets are... :?

Dont have any further suggestions to this problem really, but perhaps a possible workaround so you could save your personal patches. Could you use preset manager in AXE-EDIT to move your A bank, or at least your top favorite patches from A bank to B bank, then back up B bank again...

I installed the new firmware. I still can't back up.

It doesn't seem to matter what I choose (Bank A, Bank B, user cabs, whatever) - I get a message timeout.

oh man... thats a bummer! different computer? Another usb cable? different usb port maybe? does your axe reboot after the timeout!

Dont have any further suggestions to this problem really, but perhaps a possible workaround so you could save your personal patches. Could you use preset manager in AXE-EDIT to move your A bank, or at least your top favorite patches from A bank to B bank, then back up B bank again...

That's actually an excellent idea... If I can't get it to back up Bank A over then next few days, I'll definitely be trying this. Thanks man! :encouragement:

I installed the new firmware. I still can't back up.

It doesn't seem to matter what I choose (Bank A, Bank B, user cabs, whatever) - I get a message timeout.

Same here; only I just can't back up Bank A no matter what I try... I was going to try sending all my Bank A presets to Bank B, then re-backup Bank B, then do a factory restore on Bank A, then send my presets back over to the newly factory restored Bank A and then try to see if I can backup my Bank A presets.
Although after you said that you have all factory presets, I'm worried this wont work either.
I've already tried backing up just one preset at a time in Bank A (that was lots of fun!) and I was able to do all 128 without any "Message Timeout" so I can only guess that this issue is not caused by a corrupt preset?? :?

Anyway, I'll let you guys know my results...

Meanwhile, if anyone has ANY suggestions on how to fix this, that would be awesome!
Cliff??

EDIT:

Well, it worked!
Somewhere along the line, I think my A Bank got corrupt.
So what I did (using Axe-Manage Presets) I temporarily moved all my user presets to Bank B, then I "Cleared" all of Bank A then I moved user presets back over to my now erased Bank A.
Then I reloaded all the factory Bank B & C presets (just to be safe).
After that, I was finally able to backup my entire Axe! :-D

Last edited:
Any update to this? I still can't back up more than one bank at a time. Doesn't matter which banks I choose, as long as I do one at a time it works fine. But if I choose more than one, I always get the 'message timeout' when it hits 100%.

Also, is MIDI buffer delay in Bot supposed to be adjustable?

Back
Top Bottom