cant backup bank A in 16.04

hi!
just wanted to back up and while bank B, C, user cabs and system settings aint a problem, bank A goes to 100 percent and then says "message timeout" ...
anyone an idea?

thanks,
chris

Confirmed, same problem here.

I'm also getting really strange connections - sometimes the device appears (in Edit and the Bot) as "AXE-FX II", sometimes as "AXE-FX II MIDI". Axe-Edit only connects about half the time, Bot is a little better but not totally reliable.

Edit: actually, I can't reproduce this reliably. It failed a few times for me and now it's fine.

Try backing up a few times.

yep... tried several time, wont work exclusively with bank A, didnt change anything in the presets after installing the new firmware.

I'm having the same issue guys... I was even having this issue last night while backing up all my 16.02 presets before I updated to 16.03. so the problem may have existed before 16.03

Also: once I was finally able to get everything backed up and I updated to 16.03; I then had at least two presets that caused my Axe II to go crazy (flashing lights, not loading, blank screen, etc) once I deleted those 2 presets things were okay.
So far, I've read of two other guys having this "corrupt presets" issue.

Today I loaded the latest 16.04 firmware, and sure enough; it freaks out on the same two presets. So again, I deleted the two presets and everything seems fine (so far)...

Well after reading this post, I just now decided to backup my 16.04 presets and I'm getting the same "message timeout" you guys seem to be getting, and I was constantly getting last night.

It should be noted that: last night I also re-installed my USB drivers as well as the Fractal Bot.
I had nothing plugged into my Axe during any of this, other then the USB cable from my Axe to my computer.
Very strange...

And finally:
At the risk of my very first post sounding like complaining, I also want to say:
Cliff, I WORSHIP your eyeball (and spleen)!!! To me, you are like the modern day equivalent of Les Paul.
You and the Fractal team have my deepest gratitude for making me love my tone sooooooooo very much!!! :-D

Mine worked fine on 16.02; I backed up Thursday. I never installed 16.03 so I have no information about that.

Saw this thread; tried to back up prior to upgrading from 16.03 to 16.04. Was able to back up each bank but A. Tried repeatedly; each time the (Fractal-Bot) progress bar reached 100%, then a Fractal-Bot "Message timeout" appeared.

Edit: Updated to .04; still can't backup A with Fractal-Bot.

Last edited:
Worked fine on 16.02 for me but I had that problem in 16.03. Didn't update to 16.04 yet but will soon. Three presets were causing the problem, as soon as I selected them, the Axe was constantly rebooting. Got back to 16.02 where everything was fine, saved each block of those three presets in the library, launched 16.03 again, and try to reconstruct the presets block by block, and at one point (in the delay block on one ) I had the constant reboot again. If a beta tester (Ian ?) is willing to test it, here it is - it's for five U2 songs, each scene selects a different delay time. I use a custom IR, just select a stock Vox cab

Attachments

• Wowy+Str+Still+Pr+AIWIY.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 18
Worked fine on 16.02 for me but I had that problem in 16.03. Didn't update to 16.04 yet but will soon. Three presets were causing the problem, as soon as I selected them, the Axe was constantly rebooting. Got back to 16.02 where everything was fine, saved each block of those three presets in the library, launched 16.03 again, and try to reconstruct the presets block by block, and at one point (in the delay block on one ) I had the constant reboot again. If a beta tester (Ian ?) is willing to test it, here it is - it's for five U2 songs, each scene selects a different delay time. I use a custom IR, just select a stock Vox cab

Good tip. I had that preset in my Bank A. Swapped it to B and now I'm able to backup A. Bummer--I love that preset :)

I had the same issue today with 16.03.

Same here. time out on 100% of bank A.
When re-trying I get message "unable to query display offset. please make sure the AXE-FX II is connected and powered on"
click ok and the AXE-FX II backup type window shows again.
Then I selected everything BUT bank A to try backup, completed bank B but failed on bank C (timeout)

FW16.03
Win7/64

So I just updated to 16.04 and the preset I uploaded in #10 is still causing a reboot, as are the two others.

Causes a restart in 16.04 as well. Trying to figure out why now...

Thought it might have been modifier 2 on the MTD1 block, but no dice...passed it on to Cliff. Above my pay grade. :D

Edit: Direct from Cliff:

It’s the delay block. Reduce the Diffusion Time for now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom