Can't attach envelope controller to filter block

Xrocker

Fractal Fanatic
This one has me stumped.

I'm trying to use Cliff's method of having the envelope control the freq cutoff of the filter block.
I tried it on one patch and it works great. I stored the patch and can watch the cutoff move as I play. Sounds fantastic!

Since then I've tried adding it to other patches but it isn't tracking the input. I've tried new and old patches to no avail.
The cutoff freq just stays in one place.

I'm following Cliffs procedure.
1. Add Filter block
2. Highligh Freq and hit enter
3.Set source to envlpe
4 adjust Slope and Scale

Filter block is always before Amp. I've tried it in the first slot in audio chain and further down the line with same result.

I just don't know why this worked once and then never again for me.
I'm using Version 8.09.

Anyone else seen this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Did you set your filter type to "highpass"? I think when you add a filter block it defaults to "null" which essentially does nothing in this context. Other than that, if you saved a patch that has that filter in a working condition, just recall it into other patched (hit Recall, tab to Effect, select the saved patch in question, tab to Retreive and select the appropriate filter, then hit enter to retrieve that block into the patch you're currently editing). Of course, you may still want to figure out what's going on, just offering that tip in case you need one in a hurry.

Daniel

Are you using the Axe-Edit editor to set the envelope controller? I've had problems there along those lines, and stopped using the editor for that particular modification.

Dpoirier said:
Did you set your filter type to "highpass"? I think when you add a filter block it defaults to "null" which essentially does nothing in this context. Other than that, if you saved a patch that has that filter in a working condition, just recall it into other patched (hit Recall, tab to Effect, select the saved patch in question, tab to Retreive and select the appropriate filter, then hit enter to retrieve that block into the patch you're currently editing). Of course, you may still want to figure out what's going on, just offering that tip in case you need one in a hurry.
[/quote]

I have it set to highpass. I tried copying the one working filter into a new patch. All the parameters copy correctly but the envelope doesn't respond to the guitar signal. WTF?

tlainhart said:
Are you using the Axe-Edit editor to set the envelope controller? I've had problems there along those lines, and stopped using the editor for that particular modification.
[/quote]

Not using the editor, just the front panel on the Ultra.

This is really driving me nuts now.

Wow. I'm stumped. I'll muck around with mine when I get a chance (perhaps not tonight), but I can't think of how it could do that...

Did you check the envelope threshold? If the presets have it set too high for some reason that would cause this. (Holding or double-clicking bypass while in the control menu recalls defaults for every page.)

Bakerman said:
Did you check the envelope threshold? If the presets have it set too high for some reason that would cause this. (Holding or double-clicking bypass while in the control menu recalls defaults for every page.)

Thanks Bakerman! That did the trick. For some reason the envelope threshold is set to 0dB when I add a filter. Dropping it down to -40dB or so works. Added bonus is now I can control the gain, attack and release of the envelope.

I was starting to feel like the pirate that had a steering wheel shoved down his pants.
"Arrgh, it be drivin' me nuts"

Back
Top Bottom