Fixed Cannot unassign Modifier from "Input Trim"

moerker

Experienced
So, after upgrading to 9.04 I got a lot of strange issues (most of them not reproducable), but this one stuck:
I have created a preset in 9.03. I usually have one dedicated clean as well as 2 or three crunch to high gain sounds, which I realize by using Scene Controller on the Amp-Block "Input Trim" Parameter.
Just today copied the Amp-Block (since they are not global, yikes!) from one preset to another and thought about de-selecting the "Input Trim" modificator.

Turns out it won't work.

Restarted the AX8, unplugged the USB-Cable, tried to get rid of it in AX8-Edit and in the device - nothing worked. Seems like there is an issue over there?

I have attached the Preset, would be of interest if I am stuck at this problem alone.

Attachments

• 01.2 MMXL.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 0
On AX8-Edit:
  • First I right clicked the "Input Trim" parameter, so the modifier menu appears. Opened the modifier dropdown and tried to choose "None". Seemed like it tried to set it on the device (communication message), but immediately after finishing there was a second communication message, afterwards the modifier was reseted to "Scene Control".
  • Clicked in the same menu on the upward arrow. Came to "None", but then same issue as before.
On AX8:
Opened the Amp-Block, going to the "Input Trim" parameter (on the first page for the Energyball, for Mesa on the advanced settings), opened the modifcator menu by pressing "Enter", scrolling to the top ("None"), first time only exited, second time pressed "Enter" than then exited. Same result, kept stuck at "Scene Control".

Set on both AX8-Edit as well as the device the modifier to another mod to check if it is only happening for "none".
Appears this way, because other modifiers were accepted.

Last edited:
Just a quick update here, since I found the problem:
Somehow, the Input-Trim had more than one modifier (have seen it in the modifier list).
Those additional instances could only be deactivated on the device, not the AX8Edit.

Since I don't have time until Sunday evening I can now just assume what multiplies these modifiers. First idea is that is affected by copying of blocks/XY-states and pasting it on blocks with already assigned modifiers. Will take a look at Sunday evening and see if this may be the case.

I'm not sure how that is possible...
Me neither. But I can assure you what I have seen, and maybe this state is also saved in the preset in the first post.
More interesting for me is:
'what is going wrong, under which condition?'

Will check this tomorrow evening.

Me neither. But I can assure you what I have seen, and maybe this state is also saved in the preset in the first post.
More interesting for me is:
'what is going wrong, under which condition?'

Will check this tomorrow evening.
Post a screen shot?

I'm not sure how that is possible...

In rare cases some things can go wrong in a preset. For example, the Modifier overview screen (very useful!) then shows an attached modifier while in the block itself there's no controller attached. Happens with mostly old presets, as leftovers from old editor versions etc.

In rare cases some things can go wrong in a preset. For example, the Modifier overview screen (very useful!) then shows an attached modifier while in the block itself there's no controller attached. Happens with mostly old presets, as leftovers from old editor versions etc.
I guess that's a corrupt preset then... Usually we see a crash reported in those cases.

Anyway, good info.

Back
Top Bottom