Cannot remove "hold" function on FC-6 lower right footswitch

I'm running an FM-3/FC-6 in OMG9 configuration. All my other switches on the FC-6 engage whatever scene or effect that is assigned to them immediately upon engaging the switch EXCEPT the lower right switch. If I engage that switch, it will not immediately engage the "Tap" function assigned to it like the other switches do. If I press it and release it within a short period of time (like under 1 second), it will then switch to its assigned "Tap" function. If I press it and hold it for over 1 second and release nothing happens. It's as if it has a hold function applied to the switch but nothing (like a scene or effect) is assigned to the hold function. I went through all the "FC Controller" layouts on FM3-Edit and verified that this switch has no "hold" functions assigned to it. I'm wondering if this behavior is due to the way the unit is designed to access the "Master Layout Menu". From the manual: "To show the Master Layout Menu, rock your foot from heel to toe over both of the two right-most footswitches on your FC, as shown in the following illustration of the “MLM Switch Combo” and, because of this, there must always be a hold function (to access the MLM) assigned to this switch. Can anyone confirm this or shed some light on removing the "hold" behavior?

You need to disable the heel/toe Master Layout shortcut in order to assign a hold function to the switch. This can be done on the unit in the Setup>FC Controllers>Config menu or in Axe Edit III in FC Edit>FC Config. You would need to set 'MLM Switch Combo' to 'Disable'.

You need to disable the heel/toe Master Layout shortcut in order to assign a hold function to the switch. This can be done on the unit in the Setup>FC Controllers>Config menu or in Axe Edit III in FC Edit>FC Config. You would need to set 'MLM Switch Combo' to 'Disable'.
Awesome. Exactly what I needed. Thanks!

JoKer III - you saved me again. 15 months later I ran into the same issue on my FM9 and had to seek out this thread to remember what the fix was. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom