Cannot get a 2nd expression pedal to work

Muad'zin

Fractal Fanatic
Hi, I've got an Axe FX II XL+ controlled by the MFC101 through the faslink cable and I cannot get a second expression to work. They're both plugged into the MFC. The first one is in Ext.2 and works perfectly as it should. At first I had the other one in Ext.1 but that only seems to function as a volume pedal, of which I have zero need. So I put it into Ext.3. When I calibrate it on the MFC it works, I can set minimum and maximum values with no problems. But when I try to assign it in Axe-Edit......, nothing. I assign EXT1 to the controller in Ext.2 and the square on the diagonal line moves. But I've tried assigning EXT2 to 8 to get the other controller to work and zilch. The expression pedals I use are two Roland EV-5's.

So help me, Obi Wan Kenobi's, you're my only hope. This is the last step in fully mastering the Axe FX. Also hi from a new member.

You need to configure (on the MFC) a CC# for the XP port you're using. Refer to the Axe-FX I/O: CTRL menu for Ext Ctrl CC#s.

For example, if you set XP3 to CC#017 it will act as Ext Ctrl 2.

XP1 and XP2 by default control Out 1 Volume and Ext Ctrl 1 because their default settings are CC#011 and CC#016. Since you don't need a volume pedal, you could change these to CC#016 & CC#017 if it's easier to think of XP1 and XP2 as Ext Ctrl 1 and Ext Ctrl 2.

The CC#s could instead be changed on the Axe-FX. You might find this easier. Out 1 Volume = NONE, Ext Ctrl 1 = 011, Ext Ctrl 2 = 016 would let XP1 & XP2 control Ext Ctrl 1 & 2 with no changes to MFC settings.

Thanks guys, changing the CC# numbers did the trick. No more need to maintain a separate wah pedal on my board!

Back
Top Bottom