Cannot change delay time

prsaxeman

Help! I'm trying to set up a delay block. In Edit mode I can change every parameter on Pg 2 except the delay time. It is permanently set to 375ms and will not change with the Value dial.
Any help would be very much appreciated, thank you.

Sounds like you might have it set to a tempo (dotted 1/8, etc). If it's set to a tempo you cannot change the delay time since it will follow the temp set for the preset.

Doh! Thank you guys so much for your help, that's exactly what the issue is. Tempo was set to dotted 8th. I really appreciate the quick response. The thing is though, I'm copying exactly what a guy on Youtube is doing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EO6CBvXN4Hk

and he has 354ms set and the Tempo set as a dotted 8th. Yet as soon as I set the dotted 8th, the time changes from 354 to 375ms. He's using the Axe FX so you'd think it would be the same? Check out the Youtube link at 6 mins 18 secs and you can see what I mean.

Last edited:
More specifically, change the BPM to 127 to get 354ms at dotted eight delay. When you click the Tempo switch at the bottom right of the FX8, you will have to be quick to change the BPM as it will reset quickly. You will need to use one of the 5 buttons under the LCD screen to change the BPM (NAV button?). You can re-click the Tempo switch again if you need to continue to change the BPM. Do not hold down the Tempo switch as it will engage the tuner.
U2 streets have no name?

More specifically, change the BPM to 127 to get 354ms at dotted eight delay. When you click the Tempo switch at the bottom right of the FX8, you will have to be quick to change the BPM as it will reset quickly. You will need to use one of the 5 buttons under the LCD screen to change the BPM (NAV button?). You can re-click the Tempo switch again if you need to continue to change the BPM. Do not hold down the Tempo switch as it will engage the tuner.
U2 streets have no name?

Thank you for your help, much appreciated. So many knowledgeable folks out there! :)

Back
Top Bottom