AFIII Canadians playing Separate Ways using the AxeFx III

That is such a MASSIVE sound from only 3 guys! It sounded brilliant!!

And the AFX3 sounds amazing too! Thank you for that Mark!

Friedman HBE, Factory Cab #713 (4x12 Uber T75+V30)RW and Legacy Cab #52 4x12 Fractal GB 4047 2B, Pitch detune, 500ms delay, MTD, 28ms delay one side, Enhancer.

Hi Mark,
4x12 Uber T75+V30 RW is factory cab 52 for axe2/ax8...is 4x12 Fractal GB 4047 2B your factory cab #713 in the III?

Quite good obviously Mark, but I still think I like this one better.

I think it’s maybe something about the vocal mix I like just a little better in that one.

Personally I like the new one better because I'm actually playing the proper chords and doing the solo more accurately. Of course I like the Axe III wall of sound better. There was no reamping in the new one, single stereo track.

Personally I like the new one better because I'm actually playing the proper chords and doing the solo more accurately. Of course I like the Axe III wall of sound better. There was no reamping in the new one, single stereo track.
I like the new one musically. There’s just something about the old one that seems to make the vocals pop a little more. It could just be my listening source.

That singer... wow. That was a performance that truly went beyond hitting the right notes at the right time, he sang it like he wrote it himself. Just wow. The rest of you were great too, and of course you nailed the tone and playing, but I'd expect nothing less.

edit: I realize this is not the point of your thread, so feel free to ignore if you consider it to be a derailment, but I'd love to know if it was difficult to capture that vocal without significant tricks beyond gating or riding volume faders.

Last edited:
Hey Mark, That was outstanding ! I am on the waitlist for the III... do you plan on sharing that preset in the future ? I am most interested in learning the nuances of dialing in the cab block and the effects.

Back
Top Bottom