Canadian exchange rate

OK...I will tell the wife we are moving next week. Maybe I can get a job busking by a liquor store. After all being a high school drop out kind of narrows the scope of employment possibilities. I am sure I cannot get one doing my usual oilpatch employment for my usual $900 a day. But at least I can beat the exchange rate. LOL

I moved to the USA so I could buy Fractal gear without having to worry about the exchange rate. Highly recommend this approach to solving the problem. :D

I don't know... 73 cent dollar is not such a high price to pay to not get randomly shot with a gun every time you step outside. That's pretty much how it is down there these days, right?

I don't know... 73 cent dollar is not such a high price to pay to not get randomly shot with a gun every time you step outside. That's pretty much how it is down there these days, right?
People droppin' dead EVERYWHERE all the TIME down here. Bam! There's another one dead. Crazy!

The Fed rate change is widely expected and thus already factored in to currency trade. I wouldn't expect any huge move Wed.

Seems you were mostly correct Robbo, CAD has been a wild few minutes but no major moves either way. AUD is the same as well...

cheers all, may the invites flow!

Ya...
Yes sir... We just came back from Mexico and when I looked out the plane window over the US of A..you couldn't see much except gun smoke and muzzle fire. :D

One of my best friends runs a commercial display prop company and 90+ % of his customers are in the US. He is laughing all the way to the bank! Probably be his best year ever. We don't have much manufacturing in western Canada, but the ones who are LOVE this exchange rate.

Meanwhile, I work for a big oil and gas company. Energy is the biggest industry in my region, by far. Every day it's doom and gloom.. mass layoffs, unemployment. Even the suicide rate is sharply up (tv news told me that). Somehow I'm still employed. Scary though.

Yep, it's great for Canadian business men who sell only to the US and not buy. I also have a very successful YouTube channel which earns me a great living and it's paid out in USD. I'm making a killing! That being said, it does absolutely suck when I buy something from the states and have to pay an arm and a leg for it.

"At mid-morning, the loonie was trading at 71.83 cents U.S., down nearly three-quarters of a U.S. cent from Wednesday’s close."

-Toronto Star

Back
Top Bottom