Can your wife cook?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife cooks every night. I'm lucky.
Her specialty is homemade chicken cutlets. Well, they're my favorite...so I think that's why it became her specialty.
She's Italian, so she also makes a pretty good gravy.

NOPE!!! but she is an incredible baker, everything from scratch. Her brownies are unbelievable, she adds caramel ice cream topping to the batter.

Only if it comes in a can or a box and then it's 50/50 if she can follow the instructions properly. I think she does it on purpose, she's that bright.

Men are better at everything than woman. The best chefs are men, the best sportsman are men, and the best women are trannies.

My wife is an amazing cook. Her specialty is grilling, especially steaks. Absolute best steak I ever ate was a ribeye she grilled.

Also, we host parties a lot and she puts together amazing food for those.

The way to a gal's heart is through her stomach. my philosophy. I've always been a better cook than my wives and girlfriends. But my girlfriend's pretty good too. I used to be a chef. Love to cook for family and friends. The saturday after every thanksgiving, I have a huge pot luck party. I cook for 3 days. last time: 2 wild turkeys, to domestics, 2 ducks, 2 pheasants, a butterflied leg of lamb - all done with different glazes/sauces made from scratch, cranberry sauce (I pick the cranberries), I roast and peel the chestnuts, make the cornbread for the stuffing from scratch. I make salads, pies, killer mashed potatoes and yams, killer gravy. My specialty is probably my apple pie: up to 25 apples, with the skin on, sliced paper thin and layers in to a dense puzzle of interlocking pieces in a frenzy of OCD passion with butter and a cinnamon/sugar/nutmeg concoction and lemon juice layered in as well, covered with a crust, and cooked slowly so that the skin melts away and you have a sort of butter hot apple sauce, super dense filling. It's the best. i usually use 5-6 different species of apples, to get a nice complex taste. There are no prepared foods or frozen meals in my house: we cook everything from scratch, and a lot of it comes from our organic garden.

My wife and I both cook a lot. I tend to wing it and experiment a bit more, while she tends to follow recipes more. She definitely bakes better than me. She makes the best damn cinnamon rolls I have ever had. If you want a good resource for cooking and recipes, check out Cooks Illustrated, the company behind America's Test Kitchen and Cooks Country. Lots of tips, equipment reviews, and awesome recipes.

my wife and i are both excellent in the kitchen. she likes to bake but is also great at savory dishes whereas i prefer cooking savory stuff but can handle myself in the baking area as well. it's a good balance. our Thanksgivings are ridiculous, lol...

Women have no place in the kitchen at my place...

Seriously ??????? - you do the dishes yourself ??????

Apart from that : Respect ,-)

I love cooking and can find my way around a kitchen, but my girlfriend is really good in the kitchen (and she cooks too), so we share the fun and takes turns in the kitchen.

I do most of the cooking - mainly simple healthy vegetarian stuff. We do eat meat but don't feel the need to have it every meal. She cooks less often, but more elaborate dishes.

I do the steak though...

I'm officially the luckiest guy in the world. My wife is naturally pretty, smart, kind, has a sense of humor, loves her family, is a great mom and a very accomplished artist (a painter)... plus she's a great (healthy) cook who enjoys it. Every day I come home from work she hugs me, tells me she loves me and that dinner is almost ready. Her meals are always evolving and totally made with fresh ingredients. I hit the awesome wife jackpot in spades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom