Can you Velcro FM3 to a Pedaltrain board?

I can feel your pain.

I mounted my Ernie Ball volume pedal with a big strip on the bottom, on my PedalTrain board along the right side and spent several minutes cussing myself for doing so. It was locked down securely.
It's a lonely feeling ...

I like hard mounting it with m3.5 screws from the bottom of the pedalboard. Mine's just a sheet of plywood with back drilled holes for the screws. Works great and it's solid as a rock.

ALWAYS use Dual Lock.

If you have trouble getting a pedal off, well, that's the whole point isn't it? It should be difficult. But, use a flat-head screwdriver, or some similar instrument of destruction to lift the pedal off. Once one edge has lifted a tiny bit the pedal will come off easily.

Dual Lock lasts almost forever, a lot longer than Velcro, and it doesn't collect hair, grass, whatever is drifting around, nor does it tamp down. And it almost never leaves a gooey mess stuck to the rails or pedal.
So Dual lock will still on the feet of the unit? The feet have jagged edges and I am curious if Dual Lock will actually adhere to it okay.

So Dual lock will still on the feet of the unit? The feet have jagged edges and I am curious if Dual Lock will actually adhere to it okay.
No. Unscrew the feet if they unscrew or break them off then use Dual Lock on the flat bottom. This is the same problem with Velcro. Dual lock is a pretty solid piece of tape, so you can stack it but that induces wobble, which I don't like, so I try to get the bottom of the pedal as smooth as possible.

An alternative is to use nylon wire ties. I have some vintage pedals (ones I bought when they came out and everyone now calls them "vintage") and I don't want to mess with them so I use nylon ties to hold them down.

No. Unscrew the feet if they unscrew or break them off then use Dual Lock on the flat bottom. This is the same problem with Velcro. Dual lock is a pretty solid piece of tape, so you can stack it but that induces wobble, which I don't like, so I try to get the bottom of the pedal as smooth as possible.

An alternative is to use nylon wire ties. I have some vintage pedals (ones I bought when they came out and everyone now calls them "vintage") and I don't want to mess with them so I use nylon ties to hold them down.
The feet are part of the end caps, so the only way to take them off is to remove the end caps, which I don't want to do at this point. Thanks Greg!

Attachments

• IMG_0116.jpeg
    IMG_0116.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 41
I used a small strip the size of the unit leg that came with the pedalboard. It has been holding fine for two months now traveling twice a week. I do use the rack case to transport.

What do you mean "doubled up on the velcro"? Trying to understand what you did.

Heavy duty Velcro on the bottom of the unit, with the companion piece locked to that with the sticky side down, but instead of sticking that to the pedalboard, I have another Velcro piece stuck to the back of that (sticky side up) and that piece locks into the velcro on the pedalboard. It is heavy duty Velcro so it's pretty thick and with three pieces stacked like that it's thick enough to attach to the pedalboard and account for the thickness of the "feet" of the FM3. Hope that makes sense.

Heavy duty Velcro on the bottom of the unit, with the companion piece locked to that with the sticky side down, but instead of sticking that to the pedalboard, I have another Velcro piece stuck to the back of that (sticky side up) and that piece locks into the velcro on the pedalboard. It is heavy duty Velcro so it's pretty thick and with three pieces stacked like that it's thick enough to attach to the pedalboard and account for the thickness of the "feet" of the FM3. Hope that makes sense.
Pretty slick! That's what I thought, but wanted to confirm. Thank you @ethomas1013

I used dual lock on the feet, attached to a Pedaltrain.
Solid. Crazy solid.
So the Dual Lock with stick to the feet even though the feet are a jagged and unequal surface? Just want to be sure that I am understanding correctly.

Attachments

• IMG_0116.jpeg
    IMG_0116.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 16
So the Dual Lock with stick to the feet even though the feet are a jagged and unequal surface? Just want to be sure that I am understanding correctly.

I had my FM3 on a board other day with just Dual Lock on the jagged feet. I would have not flipped the board upside down, but it was holding when vertical. Probably not ideal. I have a Temple Board arriving today, and I plan to use screws to hold it to the board.

Back
Top Bottom