Can you tone match from youtube?

Thanks guys, obviously I presume it must be only a solo guitar track, cant be a a band playing at the same time in the track. Shame bcz a lot of songs I could reference have got the guitar playing with drums and bass etc..

Why pm? It's a public forum, not helpline. You're not the only Axe-Fx user having that problem - someone could have the same problem in the future and it will be convenient for him to rather find the answer simply searching forums for solution than starting yet another thread regarding exactly same issue. Every answer on every forum is for all the forum users, not just for one person who asked the question. It's proper to respect the netiquette, value the wisdom that fills this forum and respect an effort of all the users contributing it :rolleyes:

Back to the topic - first of all you have to set an Axe-Fx as a primary soundcard (either in Preferences on Mac or Control Panel on PC). Also the USB Return Level in Axe-Fx (Audio tab in I/O) must be set that all the sounds from the computer will be audible on monitors/speakers/headphones (whatever you have) connected to Axe-Fx. Then all you have to do is setting the reference source in TMA block (in your preset) to USB and match the tone played from YT (or mp3, or any other sound file). Of course it has to be an isolated guitar track, or at least a fragment of the song with only guitar playing. That's all ;)

Why pm? It's a public forum, not helpline. You're not the only Axe-Fx user having that problem - someone could have the same problem in the future and it will be convenient for him to rather find the answer simply searching forums for solution than starting yet another thread regarding exactly same issue. Every answer on every forum is for all the forum users, not just for one person who asked the question. It's proper to respect the netiquette, value the wisdom that fills this forum and respect an effort of all the users contributing it :rolleyes:

Back to the topic - first of all you have to set an Axe-Fx as a primary soundcard (either in Preferences on Mac or Control Panel on PC). Also the USB Return Level in Axe-Fx (Audio tab in I/O) must be set that all the sounds from the computer will be audible on monitors/speakers/headphones (whatever you have) connected to Axe-Fx. Then all you have to do is setting the reference source in TMA block (in your preset) to USB and match the tone played from YT (or mp3, or any other sound file). Of course it has to be an isolated guitar track, or at least a fragment of the song with only guitar playing. That's all ;)
Talking about "Respect" on here... Kudos to you Kavoo on that one, I was just inquiring, and didn't want to bore down a forum page with simple questions... Hence the reason for me asking you to PM me.

I have tone matched from several Videos and even from Kemper Audio Clips
found at Kemper Profile sites.

first you import the Mp3 or the Video into Audacity and then
isolate your Reference Audio (the part you want to match)
and then use Izotope 6 to Match the EQ

see this video by Andrew Wade

That is how I do it but instead of matching your Reference Audio to a 'clip'
as Andrew does, I use a 'sweep' generated by Voxengo Deconvolver. It is
15sec long, 32bit 48hz, -20db, and then I add 30sec silence at the end. So
its 45sec in total length.

Sweep-48000-32-M-15s+30s -20db.wav

I set the Freq. Resolution to 12k (Izotope options EQ) . If its higher then the
IR is to spiky and irregular when I deconvolve it.

Also I use a Low Cut of 30Hz and High Cut of 10k in Voxengo Deconvolver
when I process the convolved Sweep.

Back
Top Bottom