Can you make modifiers independent of XY?

calleballe11

Experienced
Basically what the title says. I want my X delay to be fixed but Y delay to be modified with a exp.
Cant seem to find a setting for it but I tend to be blind on these things...

Depends on what you want modified. If you're talking about the delay time, it can be done. Set the Tempo on the X state (fixed) to the subdivision you want and the Tempo on the Y state to 'none' and attach the modifier to the expression pedal.

It's not possible if you're wanting to control other parameters using same delay model in X and Y, or if using different models in X and Y that share the same parameter you're wanting to control.

Depends on what you want modified. If you're talking about the delay time, it can be done. Set the Tempo on the X state (fixed) to the subdivision you want and the Tempo on the Y state to 'none' and attach the modifier to the expression pedal.

It's not possible if you're wanting to control other parameters using same delay model in X and Y, or if using different models in X and Y that share the same parameter you're wanting to control.

Yeah, I wanted to control the Mix parameter of the delay on one of the XY-states so I can have a little more flexibility when playing solos but then go back to the exact amount that I want most of the time :)

Yeah, I wanted to control the Mix parameter of the delay on one of the XY-states so I can have a little more flexibility when playing solos but then go back to the exact amount that I want most of the time :)
The only way I can think of to do what you're asking is use the Mix modifier and set the Min parameter to the 'exact amount' you normally use and the Max parameter to the highest, or lowest, amount you would need for solos. You can set it up so as you push toward toe down on the expression pedal, the Mix reduces.

If you route the delay in parallel, a block (volume, filter, eq) could be engaged before/after delay on lead scenes for level control.

It's also possible to assign modifiers to scene controller values with FracPad. With a SC on delay mix you could have fixed values in some scenes and any source/range in others.

The only way I can think of to do what you're asking is use the Mix modifier and set the Min parameter to the 'exact amount' you normally use and the Max parameter to the highest, or lowest, amount you would need for solos. You can set it up so as you push toward toe down on the expression pedal, the Mix reduces.

Yeah this is what I'm doing now. The problem with that is that I want it somewhere in the middle for "hero-lead"-tones that I use sometimes. I could easily solve this by switching to another preset but since the Axe has spoiled me with being able to do anything I thought I'd ask :)

This is one of those more wants more kind of situations.

Back
Top Bottom