Can you get these tones out of the Axe? Axe vx CAE 3+SE

grammar

Hi guys,

I've been looking at the CAE 3+SE recently after seeing a some great videos on youtube of Kiko Cibrian playing for Luis Miguel.

Check from about 3:00 (Yes it's cheese central)

I figure if I'm going to a pre+power amp setup anyway I should look at all the options. I mainly do pop sessions, Top 40 type artists so I need the usual sounds - Fender Clean, Marshall Crunch, Lead with delay etc. Nothing too crazy. Think Jessie J, Cee Lo, Usher vibe.

Even though I'm always on in-ears I need to be able to pull them out if I'm not feeling the mix so I'll definitely be running with a power amp and cab.

My main sticking point right now is I can't really find anyone using the AXE FX live for pop music. There's loads of amazing players - Rick Graham, Tom Quayle who use them for recording at home but none in my particular scene.

Perhaps (probably) it's overkill?

I guess what I want to know is can I use it as a drop in replacement for a regular preamp? That'll be a good way to start with it for me. Will it perform pretty similar or will I have to spend hours tweaking it any time I make a change?

Thanks

I don't hear anything special that cannot be achieved with the Axe FX II. Bass or Guitar. Just my opinion.

That's good to hear,

He's got a typical 80s rig

• DBX 160 XT
• Lexicon PCM 70
• Eventide H3000
• Yamaha SPX 90

Good musicianship no doubt. The music reminds me a lot of the smooth jazz genre that I've been a fan of since the 80's. Think of Lee Rittenour or Russ Freeman / Rippingtons. I would like to be able to replicate those tones & vibe. I can't imagine not being able to get there with the AxeFX and my guitar ( if my fingers would just cooperate)

Did he borrow Steve Lukathers 80´s rig? ;)

I am too sucker for these slick 80s tones. Should be reasonable easy to create with the AXE. Comp-clean amp-more comp-pitch/chorus-delay

one of my favorites among slick 80s is this one

He is the product of Gloria Estefan and Robin Thicke. This is what the military has been working on for the last twenty years.

Back
Top Bottom