Can you get more than 77 Banks on the MFC with the AXEFX XL?

dan4132

Hey Guys,

I want to keep my Axe FX presets intact and wanted to use the blank presets on my XL for my own creations. Only issue is that the MFC won't go past bank 77 to access the empty presets?

Does anyone know if there is a way to edit this on the MFC?

Thanks

Most common solution is to move the factory presets to the last three banks in the XL (D, E, and F) and then use the first three banks for your own presets. The MFC itself is limited to 384 presets, so it won't scroll any higher than that. However, you can use MIDI mapping to redirect any of those 384 presets to any preset in the XL, even past 384. You'd also still be able to access them by scrolling from the front panel.

Even if you remove them from the unit completely, you'll always have access to the factory presets through Axe Edit or Fractool if you download the .syx files from the Fractal website.

Last edited:
Most common solution is to move the factory presets to the last three banks in the XL (D, E, and F) and then use the first three banks for your own presets. The MFC itself is limited to 384 presets, so it won't scroll any higher than that. However, you can use MIDI mapping to redirect any of those 384 presets to any preset in the XL, even past 384. You'd also still be able to access them by scrolling from the front panel.

Even if you remove them from the unit completely, you'll always have access to the factory presets through Axe Edit or Fractool if you download the .syx files from the Fractal website.
That's what I ended up doing. There weren't that many I really wanted, so at first I moved all the factory presets up past 384 and cleared 1-384 for my own presets. Then I realized how easy it was to go get them once I downloaded them from the website. Then I used Axe-Edit & Axe-Manage Presets to walk thru them all, audition them, and only bring over the ones I had any interest in. You can always go bring more over later if you really want to.

Reactions: Ole
Back
Top Bottom