Can you convert Axe 3 presets to AX8 if you HAVE an axe 3?

bub2010

Lemme start off by saying.. yea.. this may seem like a weird question... backward conversion.... well while on the FM9 waitlist I'm looking for a clean rockman tone that I'm not finding on the AX8... however I know of several presets made most of which are by Leon Todd that I can't import into the AX-8 and Fractool doesn't back convert also.
I was wondering if you have xx patch on an axe 3 or FM9 if you can do a "save as" to save it for an older platform. I actually tried sending a message to Leon to ask about if he ever did one for the AX8 and no response.

I see you can open patches sort of in frac tool, but it doesn't name out everything in each block exactly.... my thought was if you could copy the chain mostly it would work, but its missing critical info from every block.

Anyone out there know if this is possible... or if someone could take a known free patch and convert it to an AX8 useable preset or heck.. even do page screenshots of the blocks on an axe 3 or FM9 unit so I can try to build one myself.

Thanks in advance.

If you could "save as" like you're asking there wouldn't be much need for FracTool.

FracTool should show every setting of every block in the preset.

However the blocks and settings may not all exist the same between both units.

Lastly, it's been a number of years and many, many improvements from the AX8 so not likely the converted preset would sound anything like expected...

When I loaded up the patch in frac tool it didn't show what amp, cab or model was being used for each block. It did have values though. As with any setup digital or analog knowing what the parts of the setup are will get you super close to what you are looking for. I mean at least having all of the pieces of the puzzle there makes tweaking it pretty easy.

I'm one of those people that if I have the parts in front of me I can likely get it close, but starting from zero I'm terrible at. My job by trade is laptop disassembly and re-assembly... if its all there I can do it, but if you threw a pile of random parts in front of me.. some being wrong or in the wrong place I'm lost.

Back
Top Bottom