Can you briefly describe some of the interesting things you can do with two pairs of monitors connected to the AXE FX 3?

Megadebt

Experienced
How about a doubling kind of preset thingy? I don't know the axe fx well yet. But if I had an idea of what could be done I could search on it and do research.

Thank you!

Well for one thing, you could split one pair wide with the others in the center and set up a w/d/w deal.
I also think I remember @yek doing something cool with 4 monitors.

Seems Yek is always doing something cool. :cool:

I'll research w/d/w rig stuff and how to implement it with an Axe FX III. I have much to learn.

Seems Yek is always doing something cool. :cool:

I'll research w/d/w rig stuff and how to implement it with an Axe FX III. I have much to learn.

Here is what the grid would look like for a simple W/D/W set up. Out 1 would have the effects and go to the split wide monitors. Out 2 would go to the center Dry monitors with just amp and cab signal. In a traditional W/D/W rig, the effects signal would be 100% wet, with no dry signal to Out 1, but I think it sounds better with some dry signal mixed in there as well. You'll have to experiment and see what you like. Also, just FYI, if Out 2 would be going to a traditional power amp and guitar cab, you would split off of the main signal earlier, before the cab block. Good Luck!

wdw.JPG

Here is what the grid would look like for a simple W/D/W set up. Out 1 would have the effects and go to the split wide monitors. Out 2 would go to the center Dry monitors with just amp and cab signal. In a traditional W/D/W rig, the effects signal would be 100% wet, with no dry signal to Out 1, but I think it sounds better with some dry signal mixed in there as well. You'll have to experiment and see what you like. Also, just FYI, if Out 2 would be going to a traditional power amp and guitar cab, you would split off of the main signal earlier, before the cab block. Good Luck!

View attachment 71733

That is perfect for me and the way I seem to learn things. Pictures help, LoL! Thank you!

I don't have a way to put one or two "dry" monitors dead center, they will be in my way, no place to put them, but I can bring them in closer. I'll experiment.

Last edited:
Another cool thing you can do, is put one pair to the left, with the left channel speaker way left; one pair to the right, with the right channel speaker of that pair way right. Then build a preset with two different amps and cabs, each with their own signal chain complete with their own effects, and send one chain to the left set of speakers via out 1, and the other to the right set through out 2. Like playing two complete rigs at once, and is AWESOME! Been doing this myself for a couple months.

View attachment 71733

So, any of my favorite presets could be altered/rerouted in this manner, correct?

For a rotational delay, try incremental tempo for each speaker.
1R = t ms,
1L = t+x ms
2R = t+2x ms
2L = t+3x ms

If you gradually reduce x on each turn, you'll feel like in the vortex

Yep, this kind of stuff with 2 or more Delay blocks producing quad echos in tight sync or loosely filling a very wide quadraphonic sound stage.
I would really struggle with a single speaker stack and quad became the new stereo when I first chose Fractal.
The possibilities are endless...

Here you go, put this in your 4-monitor pipe and smoke it! :p

For this one, put Out1 through a stereo pair of monitors over to your right, and Out2 through a stereo pair on your left side......and rock out!!!

This was saved with FW 13.02, so if you don't have it you might have to wait till it's back out.

Attachments

• UberMark4.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 5
Here you go, put this in your 4-monitor pipe and smoke it! :p

For this one, put Out1 through a stereo pair of monitors over to your right, and Out2 through a stereo pair on your left side......and rock out!!!

This was saved with FW 13.02, so if you don't have it you might have to wait till it's back out.

I will try, thank you. Great thread!

Back
Top Bottom