Can you assign the Pedal (back input) to a Particular CC#?

scottburrow

Fractal Fanatic
Here is my Dilema.

I have an MFC with four expression pedals using EXT CTRL 1 - EXT CTRL 4
EXT CTRL 1 = VOLUME
EXT CTRL 2 = WAH
EXT CTRL 3 = DELAY INPUT TRIM
EXT CTRL 4 = Modulation Speed (rarely use it)

I also just bought a FCB1010 for $65bucks which has an UNO Chip. I just bought an EUREKA prom 2 so it can do the FA Mode.
EXT CTRL 1 = VOLUME
EXT CTRL 2 = WAH
EXT CTRL 3 = DELAY INPUT TRIM (NEED TO ASSIGN PEDAL from BACK of AXE-FX to CC# 18)

So I need the ability to assign the Pedal to CC# 18 so depending on what Midi Controller I use for that Event (MFC used in Church, FCB1010 used in a bar, so I don't have to worry about the theft or the beer) That it will use EXT CTRL 3.

Because if I don't have something Plugged in to EXT CTRL 3 I don't get my delays, because I have input Trim assigned.

So is there a way or ability or work around?

It would be great to have a Does it exist in the chain otherwise Ignore assignment thing that we could set. Maybe there is.

The only other way I thought was to Assign the Same CC# to EXT CTRL 3 and the Pedal from the back

Does anyone else use multiple Midi controllers depending on the event?

I apologize in advance if my rambling doesn't make sense.

If I got you right, you have to assign EXT CRTL 3 to ''pedal" when you use the pedal input from the back of the Axe an you are done.

If I got you right, you have to assign EXT CRTL 3 to ''pedal" when you use the pedal input from the back of the Axe an you are done.

No not really.

I know its confusing.

If I make PEDAL (from Back) EXT CTRL 3 then my MFC101 won't work correctly.
If I can set PEDAL to the Same CC# as EXT CTRL 3 (CC#18 then it won't matter which midi controller that I use

Some info Might Help.

My current MFC 101 is in a Huge heavy case it consists of the MFC101, 4 expression pedals, 4 Switches, and a tuner.

The FCB1010 just has the two build in expression pedals and I also have a few other Ernie ball VPjr's lying around.

I usually use the Pedal in the back for output, but I only need that when I'm using an EBOW, to tame the loudness.

So my plan was to share the same CC# so If the MFC is being used my third expression pedal on the board will work as normal and if I use the FCB1010 the Pedal (in the back) I will use one of my extra Ernie balls plugged in the back to take the same place as my 3rd expression pedal, then at least I will have the delays input trim maxed.

I know its a first world problem, but you know...

Hopefully it makes sense. sometimes I just want to jam without the full production. My rack, fcb1010 and an extra expression pedal.

Mfc
aga5yvyt.jpg

Fcb1010

equ2e9yg.jpg

Last edited:
The only solution is what Hubertus suggested. You need to adjust the Ext Ctrl 3 setting based on whatever your controller setup is at the time.

edit: Are you saying you don't need the pedal available for use with the FCB, and only want to ensure delay input gain is at maximum? If so, you don't need the pedal at all. Keep Ext Ctrl 3 set to CC#18 and set its init. value to 100% at the I/O: MIDI page.

Last edited:
edit: Are you saying you don't need the pedal available for use with the FCB, and only want to ensure delay input gain is at maximum? If so, you don't need the pedal at all. Keep Ext Ctrl 3 set to CC#18 and set its init. value to 100% at the I/O: MIDI page.

Alrighty, now you're cooking with Gas. That's what I needed. I didn't even know that was in there. Thanks Bakerman.

3.2 The PEDAL Jack
The onboard PEDAL jack of the Axe-Fx II allows you to connect an expression pedal or footswitch for controlling
sound functions. To use a pedal or switch at this jack, you must first configure its TYPE and, for continuous-type
expression pedals, perform a simple calibration routine. See section 9.5 on p.139 for details on how to use the
PEDAL page of the I/O menu.
Any type of external switch can be used, as long as its contacts make and break the connection between tip and
sleeve on a regular 1/4” guitar cable. Expression pedals should have a linear resistance taper and max resistance
between 10kΩ and 100kΩ, and must be used with Tip-Ring-Sleeve cables.
To control sound parameters, you must first assign the PEDAL jack to an “EXTERNAL CONTROLLER” and then set up
a “MODIFIER.” This topic is covered in section 7: Modifiers & Controllers on p. 122, with a section specifically
about External Controllers on p. 130.

3.2 The PEDAL Jack
The onboard PEDAL jack of the Axe-Fx II allows you to connect an expression pedal or footswitch for controlling
sound functions. To use a pedal or switch at this jack, you must first configure its TYPE and, for continuous-type
expression pedals, perform a simple calibration routine. See section 9.5 on p.139 for details on how to use the
PEDAL page of the I/O menu.
Any type of external switch can be used, as long as its contacts make and break the connection between tip and
sleeve on a regular 1/4” guitar cable. Expression pedals should have a linear resistance taper and max resistance
between 10kΩ and 100kΩ, and must be used with Tip-Ring-Sleeve cables.
To control sound parameters, you must first assign the PEDAL jack to an “EXTERNAL CONTROLLER” and then set up
a “MODIFIER.” This topic is covered in section 7: Modifiers & Controllers on p. 122, with a section specifically
about External Controllers on p. 130.

Thanks, Yeah I knew you could do it that way, I was just trying to think out of the box, with another solution. I was hoping that it would create a discussion on other ways of doing it. One thing I didn't know which is really funny was that you could set the Initial state of the EXT CTRL's, I guess I never scrolled that far down on that particular screen.

I made EXT CTRL 3's initial state at 100% so when I use the FCB1010 it will just stay maxed or close to max for the Delay's input Trim.

Input trim is an awesome invention, I tell you. being on scene 3 where I have this really dreamy Multi delay and hall reverb and switch back to scene 1 the delay and reverb just gracefully dies, just beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom