Can we please boycott "it sounds more real".

How about "I can actually hear the electrons bouncing off the plate" or "the emulation of the eddy currents in the space charge are unparalleled" or "if this blocking distortion gets any more real, I'm going to have to take it to my tube tech to repair that virtual leaky cap"

or maybe just

shit's good

No clue since FW7 the Axe actually feels & plays better than the real thing IMHO, but even the ULTRA got me great sounds and I left tube amps by that time. I totally agree "it sounds more real" is a remark totally "has been" for a product that kicked out 50lbs+ amps of my house since over 4 years, at least in my case.

@ Law....hahahahaha! :lol:encouragement:

I think this is quite entertaining.... the fact that my tube amps already have "quantum" inside and don't need firmware updates, is just a bonus! ;)

The latest beta sounds so quantum! and if you know anything about quantum theory its the underlying mechanics of everything real that doesn't really seem real at all. Which makes it more realer than real.

i was playing the new Quantum firmware the other day, and i realized it sounded more real than the last one that sounded more real than the one before that. I was quite excited to find out that the new firmware is more real than the others before it

I actually agree.....to use that phrase implies that it didn't sound real in the first place....which ironically is usually the one that "sounded more real" than the last one and the one that "sounded more real" than the one before that. It doesn't add any value to anything because it just sounds like we don't know what real sounds like to begin with.

Here's some more accurate ways to describe new firmware:

"it sounds better"
"it feels better"
"it reacts better"

+1

Some good points shasha. Describing the characteristic that has improved is far more useful than using general terms. It makes it easier to have a discussion and when differences of opinion arise the conversation can be more meaningful (and hopefully less about semantics).

Terry.

Craig

I agree with you...I am not the longest server member on this forum by any stretch of the imagination but this forum is not always as friendly or funny a place as it used to be....too many people looking to make a point too often.

This is why I'd love a troubleshooting section of the forum where we just get to the questions and tasks and leave all discussion and opinion out of it.

Yes, I get you. Thing is Chris, a lot of those same people jump all over anyone who dare question how good a certain model sounds. When that is the case, they then say it's exactly the same etc.
Anyway, going to watch the beta thread for a day or so more and if nothing major bug wise pops up, I might give it a go. Certainly interested to try it.
Good to see Fractal still chipping away at the unit to make it better.

i hear that. i appreciate that you always seem to be level-headed in most discussions.

it just sucks that whenever someone wants to be excited for something, they are immediately labeled a fan-boy and lose all credibility. some of us are straight shooters. if it sounds better, then we say we think it sounds better. if something sounds wrong, we question it. you have to admit though, many times when there is a "problem" with the Axe, it comes down to user error, misunderstanding of a function, and yes, sometimes even something too advanced for the person to understand.

because of that, when there is an actual error or problem, sometimes it takes a bit more investigation to verify, and once that happens, it's usually fixed right away.

[warning - possible fanboy statement incoming]

at this point, i can't imagine anyone NOT using their Axe with the latest QFW 1.00. it is clearly better in tone and feel in almost every way. don't want to say "more real" or "even closer to the real thing"? no problem. don't say it.

but this firmware feels realer than ever :)

Last edited:
This forum is Disneyland compared to what Harmony Central used to be back in the day. You had to have really thick skin to even ask a question about gear. You would say something like "how many tubes does a 100 watt Marshall have?" and get a response like "what you don't know idiot?".

That place was legendary back in the 90's. All of us real musicians packed up and went to other forums (Rig-Talk, Fractal Forum, etc.) I just imagined the poor bastards left behind running around like a scene from Planet of the Apes with only a Strat and a loincloth. :)

Seriously though, this is a great forum and filled with helpful folks. As the product sells, more folks are jumping on board. It is a great thing. All of the new folks will see thru time who this Cliff guy is and how he pours his heart into his products.

For real though... it's really real. More realer than the really realish one before that. Really.

And aghhh... the good old Harmony Central days. The HCAF was the shiz back when before GC/MF took it over and castrated it.

I don't know - I think it is an accurate description. Firmwares can feel increasingly more "real" because until you experience the next level you don't realize what was missing in the previous iteration.

I do miss the good old days of HCAF back when the Internet was still somewhat novel.

This is why I'd love a troubleshooting section of the forum where we just get to the questions and tasks and leave all discussion and opinion out of it.

i hear that. i appreciate that you always seem to be level-headed in most discussions.

it just sucks that whenever someone wants to be excited for something, they are immediately labeled a fan-boy and lose all credibility. some of us are straight shooters. if it sounds better, then we say we think it sounds better. if something sounds wrong, we question it. you have to admit though, many times when there is a "problem" with the Axe, it comes down to user error, misunderstanding of a function, and yes, sometimes even something too advanced for the person to understand.

because of that, when there is an actual error or problem, sometimes it takes a bit more investigation to verify, and once that happens, it's usually fixed right away.

[warning - possible fanboy statement incoming]

at this point, i can't imagine anyone NOT using their Axe with the latest QFW 1.00. it is clearly better in tone and feel in almost every way. don't want to say "more real" or "even closer to the real thing"? no problem. don't say it.

but this firmware feels realer than ever :)

I loaded it up the other day and immediately I was blown away at the improvements...It just seems so much easier to dial in better tones, and the low end's are so easy to remove flub and the top end is the best i've ever heard in any modeler.... No one has talked about this, but I felt the Tone Matching is even better/easier to dial in..... So a win win imho.

By the way The OP is the same one who posted a few days ago making acusations his account had been tampered with and couldn't post anymore ,so opened a new one?????? I smell Fish!!! Stoker!! Let's bury this baby in the Dead Threads graveyard!!

How about be real.... First off, I'm sure he's been around while using an alias login. With only 5 posts, why else would anyone complain... seriously? And if I was to bet, it's probably even liked by his own real account to further his point.

Yes, let's post in the forum rules what phases should be forbidden! Ridiculous, right?

Whatever, who's got time for this petty shit... people are gonna say what they want.

This is just idiotic.
My other profile got deleted because of technical issues.

By the way The OP is the same one who posted a few days ago making acusations his account had been tampered with and couldn't post anymore ,so opened a new one?????? I smell Fish!!! Stoker!! Let's bury this baby in the Dead Threads graveyard!!

If you read the other thread you already know I had to start a new profile.

Last edited:
I get OP's point. I prefer "it feels more real" or "it sounds better"...people have been making indistinguishable A/Bs with the Axe-Fx for years now.

Edit: Ps deadlift2, don't and get snarky. It degrades the forum. If people are being nasty, ignore or report.

Back
Top Bottom