Can we please boycott "it sounds more real".

To be fair, I have not tried the latest FW as I don't like having a beta on the axe unless it has specifically fixed something I was after.
Looking forward to trying it though.

Not sure how long you have been on the forum but I think most of us that have been on here for several years use the phrase "more real" because we have seen the transition from when it didn't sound as "real". :) I've probably had my Axe-FX-II for three years or so and you would be amazed what has changed over time.

The main core tone coming from the amp emulations has not changed tremendously. It has been the "feel" that Cliff and Co. have been able to capture. Years ago, there were no tube choices, cathode options, IR capture, Tone Match, Pick Attack, Variac, etc., etc. I could go on and on. The point is that all of those things have made this unit, which is essentially a computer, become more "real". :)

Not sure how long you have been on the forum but I think most of us that have been on here for several years use the phrase "more real" because we have seen the transition from when it didn't sound as "real". :) I've probably had my Axe-FX-II for three years or so and you would be amazed what has changed over time.

The main core tone coming from the amp emulations has not changed tremendously. It has been the "feel" that Cliff and Co. have been able to capture. Years ago, there were no tube choices, cathode options, IR capture, Tone Match, Pick Attack, Variac, etc., etc. I could go on and on. The point is that all of those things have made this unit, which is essentially a computer, become more "real". :)

How about be real.... First off, I'm sure he's been around while using an alias login. With only 5 posts, why else would anyone complain... seriously? And if I was to bet, it's probably even liked by his own real account to further his point.

Yes, let's post in the forum rules what phases should be forbidden! Ridiculous, right?

Whatever, who's got time for this petty shit... people are gonna say what they want.

But "more" means exactly that. Each update can truly be "more" without exaggerating.

Yes, I get you. Thing is Chris, a lot of those same people jump all over anyone who dare question how good a certain model sounds. When that is the case, they then say it's exactly the same etc.
Anyway, going to watch the beta thread for a day or so more and if nothing major bug wise pops up, I might give it a go. Certainly interested to try it.
Good to see Fractal still chipping away at the unit to make it better.

Yes, I get you. Thing is Chris, a lot of those same people jump all over anyone who dare question how good a certain model sounds. When that is the case, they then say it's exactly the same etc.
Anyway, going to watch the beta thread for a day or so more and if nothing major bug wise pops up, I might give it a go. Certainly interested to try it.
Good to see Fractal still chipping away at the unit to make it better.

There are always extremes on both ends of the scale. While I don't often agree with many of the posts admonishing critical comments I can somewhat understand that its the persons enthusiasm and zealousness with their gear. What I find puzzling though are the guys that purposely come here and/or to other gear forums with the sole intent of trolling. How shallow does your life have to be the have agendas like that? Yikes!

It would be nice if this forum could go back to the days where the vast majority of the posts were made along the lines of how can we make this community better, help FAS expand the capabilities of the Axe, and come up with creative ideas on usage as opposed to the ever more prevalent arguments on naming conventions, marketing, and business models.

I like to come in here to see what's new and try to pop in every couple of weeks. Rather be playing my guitar ha. I do find the forum can be a little aggressive so don't tend to post too much.
Love my Axe but it tends to stay in it's flightcase in my live room between gigs. Got nothing on gig wise for a while now so i am looking forward to spending a bit of quality time with the Axe. I prefer to use Axe Edit when using the Axe in my control room as I then don't have to be sat next to the unit.

Does it really matter if it is more or less "real"?
"What is real? How do you define 'real'? If you're talking about what you can feel, what you can smell, what you can taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain."
Stop making it harder than it needs to be. Find a setup you like and just play for a change..

Does it really matter if it is more or less "real"?
"What is real? How do you define 'real'? If you're talking about what you can feel, what you can smell, what you can taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain."
Stop making it harder than it needs to be. Find a setup you like and just play for a change..

I have a setup I like to play as well as the Axefx :)

View attachment 27490

I actually agree.....to use that phrase implies that it didn't sound real in the first place....which ironically is usually the one that "sounded more real" than the last one and the one that "sounded more real" than the one before that. It doesn't add any value to anything because it just sounds like we don't know what real sounds like to begin with.

Here's some more accurate ways to describe new firmware:

"it sounds better"
"it feels better"
"it reacts better"
"it dials in closer to the actual amp"
"it is better than the real thing"
"it made me shit down both lets of my pants"

There are always extremes on both ends of the scale. While I don't often agree with many of the posts admonishing critical comments I can somewhat understand that its the persons enthusiasm and zealousness with their gear. What I find puzzling though are the guys that purposely come here and/or to other gear forums with the sole intent of trolling. How shallow does your life have to be the have agendas like that? Yikes!

It would be nice if this forum could go back to the days where the vast majority of the posts were made along the lines of how can we make this community better, help FAS expand the capabilities of the Axe, and come up with creative ideas on usage as opposed to the ever more prevalent arguments on naming conventions, marketing, and business models.

Craig

I agree with you...I am not the longest server member on this forum by any stretch of the imagination but this forum is not always as friendly or funny a place as it used to be....too many people looking to make a point too often.

if you want a laugh and a reminder of the good 'ol days read this....http://forum.fractalaudio.com/lounge/50873-saying-good-buy-good-ridance.html
(one of my fave threads - from Chris' reply onwards...)

One thing i did notice was the number of old timers who have made a comment following Quantum...they are all obviously still knocking about somewhere and this update has warranted comments from so many.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Cheers Gilesy

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom