Can we make this sound? - "Hungry Like the Wolf" Synth

hi guys, these are fantastic - both sound great and will easily do the job -- thank you so much. One last question - I've tried a few things and is there any way to get this in the background so the primary distorted guitar is in the front? Simply stated, any way I can play this and the primary guitar in a one-guitar band? I tried adjusting levels and even putting the blocks in a parallel path with no luck. Thanks again, truly great forum!

For whatever insane reason, when I was in a band that covered "Rio", I transcribed every note of the random arpeggiator.
Whoa. Even the Duran Duran tribute I was in didn't go that far. We just the Jupiter run in random mode! :D

Stuff like that is like watching a good tutorial. I like taking the preset apart and LEARN!

Very cool. I worked this up too a bit ago. I agree that capturing the sound of the arps is the biggest challenge with doing it in the box - you got it closer than I did. I had similar approach w/ the random-ness - making a pattern of 15 to cover the repeating. Great job.

I love this thread and all the knowledge shared in it. I needed a patch like this for a recent showcase show for a pop artist and this one would have fit the bill. Thanks guys!

I was revisiting this gem, and was curious if it would be possible to have the arpeggiator trigger off just the low notes of chords? Thinking about how to use this in the background but still play the regular guitar parts in a one-guitar band.... pitch follower somehow? Some sort of filter or eq then split? Or just not possible.

I was revisiting this gem, and was curious if it would be possible to have the arpeggiator trigger off just the low notes of chords? Thinking about how to use this in the background but still play the regular guitar parts in a one-guitar band.... pitch follower somehow? Some sort of filter or eq then split? Or just not possible.

For which song? On something like Heavy you could try adding a lower 4th & octave to make power chords from single notes, then send just the single note through an arpeggiator.

For which song? On something like Heavy you could try adding a lower 4th & octave to make power chords from single notes, then send just the single note through an arpeggiator.
I was talking about Hungry Like the Wolf.
That's not a bad idea though - play notes and let the pitch do the chords!

M@ - really great. I actually never tried Rio or HLTW on my vintage Jupiter 8. I wonder if Nick Rhodes played these arps live or used a tape backing (like Won't Get Fooled Agan). I don't believe computer sequencers were around in 1982 except in some Drum Machines like the Linn or Simmons.

I saw a video on it once - from what I remember I believe he was able to hold down the chords he wanted and the sequencer played random instances of the keys he was playing. He wasn't playing the arps live - it was all happening in the keyboard.

From Wikipedia: Jupiter 8: A versatile arpeggiator can be synchronized with external equipment by using the proprietary Roland DCB interface, clock input via CV jacks on the rear panel.

Back
Top Bottom