Can we get a reworked Uber model?

Would you like a reworked Uber model?

• Total voters

biggness

Power User
I really hate to complain after all that Cliff has done, but I feel the Uberschall model is lacking. The main area of complaint is the relationship between the mid and presence knobs. They just don't interact in the Axe like the do on the real thing. That interaction, IMO, is what gives the Uber it's "sound." That and the massive low-end. Is there anyway to double check the model and see if something got overlooked or something.(it has happened before IIRC) Again, I hate to complain, but I think that I am not alone on this. I remember reading an earlier thread about the same thing, but I don't remember what came of it.

Anyone else feel the same way?

EDIT: Found the thread, I think. :lol:
http://fractalaudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5455

Ive heard ubers in person and they sound great. For some reason I can never gel with the axe-fx model. Ive gone back to it quite a couple of times trying to like it... even after every firmware update I give it another go.... its just not working for me.

The closest Ive come to it sounding like a real one is cranking the treble and the presence and mids way past where I see it being set on the real amps. Maybe its user error but I encourage others to speak up if they've had the same experience.

Cron said:
The closest Ive come to it sounding like a real one is cranking the treble and the presence and mids way past where I see it being set on the real amps. Maybe its user error but I encourage others to speak up if they've had the same experience.

I do not own a Uber, but I like axefx model, I use it a lot.

Cron said:
Ive heard ubers in person and they sound great. For some reason I can never gel with the axe-fx model. Ive gone back to it quite a couple of times trying to like it... even after every firmware update I give it another go.... its just not working for me.

+1

Smilzo said:
Cron said:

I do not own a Uber, but I like axefx model, I use it a lot.

How much experience do you have with the real thing? Id love some more info e.g. what guitars you use and what cabsims you like using with the uber.

I use it with stock V30 4x12 ir. I've used the real one a couple ot time, for some project, and occasionaly I plug into one at some jam (with a 4x12 mesa, a recto perhaps...).

I use the model to emulate the lead channel of a Masotti, that is more "elegant" an less raw than the real one.

The real Uber is a lot versatile, it's not just a hi-gain amp! It clean up wondeful.

biggness said:
I really hate to complain after all that Cliff has done, but I feel the Uberschall model is lacking. The main area of complaint is the relationship between the mid and presence knobs. They just don't interact in the Axe like the do on the real thing. That interaction, IMO, is what gives the Uber it's "sound." That and the massive low-end. Is there anyway to double check the model and see if something got overlooked or something.(it has happened before IIRC) Again, I hate to complain, but I think that I am not alone on this. I remember reading an earlier thread about the same thing, but I don't remember what came of it.

Anyone else feel the same way?

EDIT: Found the thread, I think. :lol:
http://fractalaudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5455

You have to massage the advanced parameters quite a bit, to get to that dry mid growl thing the uber has...

Play with the tonestack freq and the bright cap parameters.

AlbertA said:
You have to massage the advanced parameters quite a bit, to get to that dry mid growl thing the uber has...

Play with the tonestack freq and the bright cap parameters.

Even after doing so, it still does not have the same characteristics of the Uber. A lot of the Uber's magic is related to the way the presence and mid controls work together. That and the awesome bass response that it has. True, you can tweak the existing to model to sound good, but it's just not the same, if you know what I mean. The current model is a flubby mess, as where the real deal has crazy awesome tightness in the lows. This is all stated with no offense you at all, only my observations of comparing the sim to the real amp(which is the rev. blue BTW) If Cliff would update this model to more accurately model the Uber, I can guarantee you that it would become my go to amp for high gain applications. ;) So please, Cliff, I know you are a busy man, and I thoroughly appreciate everything that you have done for us, but please oh please revisit this model and revive it for me. :lol:

Also, I made this thread without even knowing about this thread:
http://fractalaudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=11681
So it appears that I am not alone in this observation. :cool:

I am with you folks on this one.

I used in the past an uberschall rev blue and the model of the axe, although reminds of its sound, lack of the character the original amp had. In my opinion...

Notice also, that Bogner has reworked again his Uberschall, and now it can have another better/differente sound...

i think it deserves another look sometime, such a distinctive sound. not real sure how the presence knob could be modeled though, the presence knob is where the majic is on that amp. it's not really a presence like most amps.

The current Uber model is pretty cool, however I agree it doesn't sound a lot like the real thing. It would be cool to have that tone in the bag as well - it's such an awesome sounding amp.

Yeah unfortunately I have to agree with the rest of you. I love my axe just like anybody else, but the uber model does not sound like an uberschall in my opinion.

Its the only model on the whole thing that I really don't like.

I've never heard a real uber. Maybe add a pole so we can see where everyone stands on the current model

Back
Top Bottom