Can the the MK IIII fw....

If you are talking firmware?? I doubt it.. architecture should be same as older models.. update via MIDI IN.

Not so sure it is the same Cliff did say hey changed somethings and he knows it was prob a wish for many. He he first designed the mfc don't think he fore saw using that exp port the way it evolved into. Let alone mfc and ii become what they are now in terms if using a std xlr for communication. If it has not changed no biggy but I was think about it today figured I would toss the question out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not so sure it is the same Cliff did say hey changed somethings and he knows it was prob a wish for many. He he first designed the mfc don't think he fore saw using that exp port the way it evolved into. Let alone mfc and ii become what they are now in terms if using a std xlr for communication. If it has not changed no biggy but I was think about it today figured I would toss the question out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll dig into it a little.. over the next couple of days.
You should still be able to update the MFC firmware over USB to Axe,MIDI to MFC with the XL - as you can with the Axe-II.
It's never worked for me that, way.. I update direct to MFC from PC over MIDI.

Ok.. so having perused the MFC-101 MK v3 OM..

Section 1.2.3 Rear Panel FEatures (page 4) states "The MIDI IN port is used for firmware updates , for remote controlling the MFC -*‐101, or for 2 -*‐way communications with an Axe -*‐Fx when a single MIDI cable does not work . "

Chapter 13, section 13.1 Firmware upgrades (Page 73) says " Connect the MIDI OUT port of your computer MIDI interface to the MFC-*‐101 MIDI IN port ".

There's no indication of the question in the OP being valid.
I assume (for now) that firmware updates are still MIDI IN only.

Back
Top Bottom