Can the rubber feet be removed?

I want to double check before I do this but can the rubber feet on the bottom be removed to mount the FX8 to a pedal board? Just want to make sure the screws aren't holding anything in place.

Thanks!

If it's the Pedaltrain Pro that you're thinking of velcroing thr FX8 to, then it's worth checking to see whether the feet fit between the horizontal bars, thus negating the need to remove them. Just a thought.

Thanks, but it is not a Pedaltrain, anyone from Fractal want to chime in? The feet are coming off tonight... :)

The screws for the 3 front feet fasten the lid to the base. If you remove the feet, those three screws must be put back in, in order to maintain your warranty.

Just to be clear, you can remove all 6 rubber feet and reinstall the screws without the feet?

Only reason I ask is to make sure they aren't too long without the feet. I know this is the case on pedals such as a Dunlop crybaby.

I know that Fractal discourages using the screws from the rubber feet due to the possibility of damaging components. They strongly suggest getting shorter ones. I would encourage you to follow their advice regardless of what others, including myself, have done.

I know that Fractal discourages using the screws from the rubber feet due to the possibility of damaging components. They strongly suggest getting shorter ones. I would encourage you to follow their advice regardless of what others, including myself, have done.
they recommend shorter screws for the ax8, but Joe seems to be saying the original screws are ok for the fx8

Even though it worked for me, I'm just not going to be the guy that says 'go ahead, it won't hurt anything' and be wrong. The FX8 and AX8 share the same basic housing and have virtually the same layout. Therefore, if it's not recommended for one it would stand to reason it would apply to the other. One thing to be aware of on the FX8 is the USB jack is closer to the rubber foot. Unless people are willing to take theirs apart and confirm there are no issues, I would err on the side of caution and either use shorter screws or wait until someone from Fractal conclusively states the original screws will work in all positions.

AX8
upload_2016-4-11_23-45-2.jpegupload_2016-4-11_23-45-54.jpeg

FX8
upload_2016-4-11_23-45-25.jpegupload_2016-4-11_23-45-40.jpeg

they recommend shorter screws for the ax8, but Joe seems to be saying the original screws are ok for the fx8
I am not the mechanical engineer for the company. The designer recommends shorter screws to prevent shorting out the board. I would follow that advice. I was simply pointing out that the 3 front screws do more than hold the feet on.

Back
Top Bottom