Can the midimate do momentary switching with the Ultra

klaushouz

Experienced
Hi, is anyone using the midimate +the Ultra to do momentary switching of an effect, I.E. making the Delay/Flange stay on ONLY when the switch is being pressed ? Is it possible?

Last edited:
I havent tried it with my midimate, but I know in controller mode the bottom row becomes your presets and the top row allows you to turn on/off individual effects. So if that's what you're wanting to do then yes. As far has holding it down for the effect and when you release it turns off, I don't think so.

Is it possible to to use a separate switch plugged into a expression pedal input on the Axe Fx and make it a momentary switch?

Thanks for the reply Bakerman, does the momentary switch with type set to latching have to be midi can it be a simple switch ( like I use on my Mesa Boogie to turn on reverb)?

Non-MIDI, basic switch with a 1/4" plug if you want to use the Axe pedal port. Something labeled as a keyboard sustain pedal is likely to work. I'm guessing a MB reverb switch is probably not momentary.

found solution

Yes Bakerman, you are correct about the MS ft switch not working. I found a old TEAC 4 track cassette punch-in pedal with a 20ft cord that works in the pedal 1 input but it's reversed, as on /off. I reversed the function to off/on by altering the attack curve to be the opposite in the edit mode. Works great. (LOL)

Back
Top Bottom