• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Can the midimate do momentary switching with the Ultra

klaushouz

Experienced
Hi, is anyone using the midimate +the Ultra to do momentary switching of an effect, I.E. making the Delay/Flange stay on ONLY when the switch is being pressed ? Is it possible?

Last edited:

Erocku

I havent tried it with my midimate, but I know in controller mode the bottom row becomes your presets and the top row allows you to turn on/off individual effects. So if that's what you're wanting to do then yes. As far has holding it down for the effect and when you release it turns off, I don't think so.

klaushouz

Experienced
Is it possible to to use a separate switch plugged into a expression pedal input on the Axe Fx and make it a momentary switch?

klaushouz

Experienced
Thanks for the reply Bakerman, does the momentary switch with type set to latching have to be midi can it be a simple switch ( like I use on my Mesa Boogie to turn on reverb)?

Bakerman

Axe-Master
Non-MIDI, basic switch with a 1/4" plug if you want to use the Axe pedal port. Something labeled as a keyboard sustain pedal is likely to work. I'm guessing a MB reverb switch is probably not momentary.

klaushouz

Experienced
found solution

Yes Bakerman, you are correct about the MS ft switch not working. I found a old TEAC 4 track cassette punch-in pedal with a 20ft cord that works in the pedal 1 input but it's reversed, as on /off. I reversed the function to off/on by altering the attack curve to be the opposite in the edit mode. Works great. (LOL)

Top Bottom