Can the FC-6 do this?

grandinq

Power User
Greetings!
I’ve started saving up for an Axe III, though I’m still loving my XL+. I’ve been thinking about whether to go FC6 or 12. My first inclination was the 12, because I’ve always like lots of buttons, like on the MFC. However I’m starting to get a sense that the 6 may be perfect for what I do. I wanted to run this setup by y’all to confirm whether this will work.

For a main layout I want these 6 switches
  • Tap
  • 5 scenes of my main preset, which covers about 60% of all I use live. Can I have these toggle for extra scenes?

2nd layout
  • four presets sitting there I commonly use
  • Preset up
  • Preset down

I thought about tuner in there, but with my II I usually just go to the front panel.

My sense is that this is this is all possible. Is that correct?

To switch layout I just need to do that move where you press those two switches at the same time?

Thanks!

Greetings!
I’ve started saving up for an Axe III, though I’m still loving my XL+. I’ve been thinking about whether to go FC6 or 12. My first inclination was the 12, because I’ve always like lots of buttons, like on the MFC. However I’m starting to get a sense that the 6 may be perfect for what I do. I wanted to run this setup by y’all to confirm whether this will work.

For a main layout I want these 6 switches
  • Tap
  • 5 scenes of my main preset, which covers about 60% of all I use live. Can I have these toggle for extra scenes?

2nd layout
  • four presets sitting there I commonly use
  • Preset up
  • Preset down

I thought about tuner in there, but with my II I usually just go to the front panel.

My sense is that this is this is all possible. Is that correct?

To switch layout I just need to do that move where you press those two switches at the same time?

Thanks!

Tap + 5 scenes yes easily, you then set some of them to be toggle for the other scenes (meaning some scenes are two very quick taps away)

2nd Layout - absolutely again easily and you could add a tuner easily on a hold function

I never use that two switch press trick, I either have a linked layout - meaning when I select a preset it goes to the scenes, or I assign a button (either a primary or a hold function) to switch to another layout.

I have 4 layouts:

Presets
Scenes
Effects
Looper

Works great and meant I cancelled my FC12 order!

Each switch can have a tap and a hold function. I use hold on a couple of switches on each layout to navigate layouts up or down. Also, layout links makes it possible to go to a different layout when you select a function. I have mine set so that when I select a preset it automatically goes to a scenes page.

I select all 8 scenes by using the toggle function on four switches.

Danny W.

This all sounds like what I am looking for. Thanks for the replies. I’ve been methodically saving and I hope within a year to make the move.

Back
Top Bottom