• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Can the Boost/Pad Feature on Out/In 3&4 Handle Modular Synth Levels

fetishfrog

Inspired
Use case is, I want to send my guitar through a modular synth looping rig. Potential issue is, modular level are much much hotter than instrument and line level signals.

If my understanding of the Boost/Pad feature is correct, I can boost the Out and Pad the return, bringing the signal up to a level where it should keep the noise floor low enough, then back down to where I could mix it easily.

I 'think' the +18 Boost pad is enough. Can someone confirm if I am correct?

Thanks,

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
Boost/pad only applies to the outputs, that's why it's under the Output header.

The inputs can handle up to +18dBu. Use the Input Sensitivity controls to adjust accordingly.

fetishfrog

Inspired
Boost/pad only applies to the outputs, that's why it's under the Output header.

The inputs can handle up to +18dBu. Use the Input Sensitivity controls to adjust accordingly.

Thanks for the clarification re: Output. I'll try this approach once I get this going.

I use this. It's only 2hp and gives you in and out.

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/rides-in-the-storm-con

I haven't built out the rig yet and am trying to avoid buying more stuff but thanks for the recommendation here. This looks like the smallest solution to the issue and I had not come across this module yet.

Top Bottom