Can the Behringer fcb1010 buttons be used as momentary switches for External Controllers?

AndrewKirkland

Inspired
Curious if the behringer fcb1010 can be programmed so that a button like 1,2,3, or 4 can be an external controller. Like a momentary switch set to continuous( Hold down the button and have the behavior/parameter change but once you lift off the pedal/button have it go back to regular). I'd mainly be using these switches to change feedback percentage, reverb time, and occasional whammy/pitch bend, chorus rate increase. Sorry if this is vague, I am just looking for a midi controller that will allow me to use it's on board switches as a momentary switch like the boss fs5/fs6 (unlatching) with pedal set to continuous. I have had alot of fun using my fs6u as external 1 controlling feedback/reverb time. I would however like a midi option so I can do this, change presets, and assign individual effects to be turned off and on/or bypassed with a latching switch as well.

It doesn't have to be the Behringer device, I'd buy a Fractal MFC, LIQUID FOOT JR, or another device that can let me do these things. I realize programming is not the easiest thing to do, but I have time to learn.

An FCB with the LG-FCB extension can do that. maybe also with the Uno firmware,but I'm not sure of that.

the fcb1010 by itself will not do momentary but will turn effects or controllers on and of as the switches can be programmed for off and on commands both. the expression pedals could from toe to heel work for temp on and of off modifiers, or reversed. the mfc will do momentary but is $ just for momentary switch. most midi switches will not be able to alter from momentary to latching with out some resetting, unless they have non global page or bank settings. you may want to take a look at the small morning star mc6

The EurekaProm 3.2 allows you to program all of the 10 switches for either momentary or latching and assign to any cc#. If you assign them to the modifier cc numbers then they can be used for different functions per preset.

The uno chip also allows you to have latching or momentary switches.
How does this look in Ripwerkx. I'd like to utilize an on/off momentary switch for no.9 on the FCB1010. Could you post a screen shot please.
Also the two switches on the back. How do I use them to switch something in the axe I presume a cable connection between it and AXE exp input on the back is how these are used. Just not sure of the programming.Thanks Nickxmix

I'm on my phone now but jut Google Ripwerkx and tons of screen shots. Just note that the relay jacks on the fcb are 1 is trs with both A and B and 2 ts for just B...you can use ts in 1 for just A.

Back
Top Bottom