Can the AxeIII/FM9 cover these delay sounds and this fuzz sound??

Orvillain

Power User
Hey crewwww. I'm selling my Quad Cortex. It just isn't doing it for me.

Can the AxeIII/FM9 cover these ugly-but-pretty delay fuzz wall oscillations; like these:
https://soundcloud.com/sloppiestholes/truth-oscillation
https://soundcloud.com/sloppiest.../world-inside-oscillation

I remember reading about improvements to the delays in firmware 16, but have only heard a few clips.

And can the Axe III do this kind of fuzz tone:
https://soundcloud.com/sloppiestholes/postsynaptic-fuzzwall

It was recorded with a Friedman Fuzz Fiend, with the RAGE switch held down and ramping up and down of the volume knob on my guitar.

I always run all my effects in front of the amp, not in the effects loop. I recorded a dual amp+cab rig; VH4 and VHT Sig:X. I'm not so fussed about replicating that 100%, I'd be happy with VH4 and/or the Friedman HBE. But the above effects are pretty crucial.

It sounds like you have wha activated, used as a filter in your fuzz sample .

You can do a lot of experimental sounds with the axe . But sometimes when You try to copy something that already exist you are never satisfied at 100%. Maybe try to built a sound you like, experimenting directly with the product, better than trying to copy your pedal, time saver

Hi
Which delay are you using ?
It reminds me the ibanez es2
The oscillation delay was a chain of effects I put together on my Helix. It consisted of an EQ, into an Adriatic Delay (modded Boss DM2) into a Bucket Brigade delay (non modded DM2) into an EQ then into an compressor to clamp it all down and make sure it doesn't get too loud or peircing, and then into a hall reverb to mush it up some more.

It sounds like you have wha activated, used as a filter in your fuzz sample .

You can do a lot of experimental sounds with the axe . But sometimes when You try to copy something that already exist you are never satisfied at 100%. Maybe try to built a sound you like, experimenting directly with the product, better than trying to copy your pedal, time saver

The wah is only on the lead line, not the chords. The chords are the Friedman Fuzz Fiend into the front of the amps, with the amps still set dirty.

I hear what you're saying, and I agree. I don't mind a bit of variance, and I'm not expecting to nail it 100%

I got an MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe a few months back. It nails the oscillation tones.

I don't own the Axe III or FM9 yet, so can't test anything out.

You have fun effects if you want it in the axe . it sound more hifi than pedals but it’s cool . The effect in the helix are great. Nice job in your sounds, I like guys who experiment like this 👍🏻

If you wanna hear the tones in context, you can check the album out on Spotify here:

The songs are Truth Escapes, World Inside, and Postsynaptic.

Don't have any answers for you unfortunately but thanks for linking that album. Great stuff!

The oscillation delay was a chain of effects I put together on my Helix. It consisted of an EQ, into an Adriatic Delay (modded Boss DM2) into a Bucket Brigade delay (non modded DM2) into an EQ then into an compressor to clamp it all down and make sure it doesn't get too loud or peircing, and then into a hall reverb to mush it up some more.

The wah is only on the lead line, not the chords. The chords are the Friedman Fuzz Fiend into the front of the amps, with the amps still set dirty.

I hear what you're saying, and I agree. I don't mind a bit of variance, and I'm not expecting to nail it 100%

I got an MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe a few months back. It nails the oscillation tones.

I don't own the Axe III or FM9 yet, so can't test anything out.

Given that you know exactly the chain of effects you used previously, that helps a lot. The Axe-Fx III can definitely give you a one for one signal chain to the one you described. I'm not 100% sure the FM9 would have enough processing power to get all of that into a preset, but I think it should.

The Boss DM2 and MXR Carbon Copy were recently added to the list of delay models, so that should cover you for delays. As you likely know, the delay block has a ton of parameters to help you get it dialed in just how you want it.

So from what I can gather, the Axe III can do the delay tones. But the fuzzes aren't going to cut it, particularly because what I'm going for is a really filthy oscillator based fuzz like the Fuzz Fiend, Fuzz Factory, Harmonic Antagonizer, etc. I suppose in that situation I'd need to use a gnarly fuzz in front of the Axe III.

But are there any plans to add anything like this to the Axe in future??

fuzz factory isn't hardly beyond the scope of possibility, if Cliff were able to get DSP modeled components to spit and pop and self oscillate and crackle and gate out like a fuzz factory I'd be more excited to see how that insight would translate to the other amps and drives, I don't know of a more intimate distortion device than a fuzz factory in regards to control sensitivity and how many sounds you can get out of the control combinations

I have done a fuzz factory preset combining secret sauce ☺️.

I m sure Cliff can do it . I have owned a helix and the fuzz factory was great in there (industrial fuzz) . So it’s possible to do it .
I have asked it in the wish list a loooong time ago . But . Who knows . Maybe one day .

And the cool thing is that it got the parameters like the pedal . This is for example something I miss in the precision drive in the axe. not having the step button etc .
I m not here to do commercial for others brands hm, I ve sold it. But when things are cool, that’s cool .

I have done a fuzz factory preset combining secret sauce ☺️.

there's a lot of damage potential in there, between clip type and bias and bit reduction, you can make any drive gate out and fall apart, but nothing like the deliberate rewiring of transistors to choke them to death

You wont have the crazy feedbacks etc this pedal does without the gate on etc , that’s not exactly the same . But combining some things I have found a similar tone to muse song “plug in baby” intro

If I have some motivation on this Sunday I will record a sample of what I have done

I have sold the original because there was a huge lack of bass . That’s why they made the fat fuzz factory after it .

But it was the craziest pedal that I owned. You can reproduce the nirvana very ape intro too with this . Originally done with an amp with broken tubes

Back
Top Bottom