Can the Axe-FX II's CPU be upgraded?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Setting preamp mode to economy would probably save 5%.

As mentioned above, if you could do it with a single stereo cab block rather than two cab blocks that'd probably save you another 10%...

No mic sims in cab block might save another 2-3%...

Seems like you're really going to town on the cab block settings, might be better to pick an IR that's getting you closer to the sound you're after rather than dephasing the same IR two different amounts and tweaking proximity and room and air so much... might be better served to EQ with a PEQ or Graphic EQ block than the BMT in the preamp in the cab block... also I could be wrong, but I think "speaker size" parameter doesn't do anything with UltraRes IRs.

Or the OP is just having a bit of a go at us...

Some people just can't handle 'no, you can't do that'.

"Well I'm gonna find a way and that'll show 'em!" doesn't apply to everything. This has nothing to do with determination. It's simply not something that can be done in the physical universe we currently occupy.

Simple looking preset... yes. But it seems like every (CPU hogging) option in every block is being used just because it's there?

Simple looking preset... yes. But it seems like every (CPU hogging) option in every block is being used just because it's there?

Makes a strong case for why the OP needs to rig up a glycol based water cooling rig with a massive radiator and then overclock the heck out of the CPU cores

Put the benchmark of the III to shame

Lose the noise gate and use the gate on the input. That should get it usable again - Then get back to playing music!
Thanks
Pauly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom