Can the Axe-Fx III tolerate phantom power?

Oh, I didn't know that, so the signal is send and then the signal returns from that same lead (Sorry if that doesn't make sense, kinda hard to explain myself in a different Lenguage) ? I thought it would be good to have that diod to have extra security.
Signals need two wires. In a TS cable, the tip and sleeve are those two wires, and neither one is a good place for a diode. In a conventional TRS cable, tip and ring are signal, and sleeve is ground. A diode in either of those places will make it not work. A Humbuster cable is a strange hybrid of TS and TRS, but still no good place for a diode.

Signals need two wires. In a TS cable, the tip and sleeve are those two wires, and neither one is a good place for a diode. In a conventional TRS cable, tip and ring are signal, and sleeve is ground. A diode in either of those places will make it not work. A Humbuster cable is a strange hybrid of TS and TRS, but still no good place for a diode.
Thanks, then we better connect things the right way :p

I just realized that I connected output 3 (right side) to an input channel that had phantom power on and left it that way the entire gig. Anyone know if the outputs are designed to handle this? Dumb move on my part I know.
So I just did a gig and our Presonus IEM mixer inadvertently had phantom on one of my Axe III channels. Sparks flew and my unit is out. At the repair shop now. Hopefully repairable and not too expensive.
I just purchased two Radial mini lime isolators to eliminate this from ever happening again.
Not happy.

So I just did a gig and our Presonus IEM mixer inadvertently had phantom on one of my Axe III channels. Sparks flew and my unit is out. At the repair shop now. Hopefully repairable and not too expensive.
I just purchased two Radial mini lime isolators to eliminate this from ever happening again.
You got actual visible sparks? That suggests there was a short outside the box. I'd take a close look at that cable.

Back
Top Bottom