Can the Axe-Fx III emulate the QUICK CONTROL knobs on an Axe-Fx II?

karmar

Inspired
There are 4 quick control knobs on my AxeFxII XL+ that are very handy when using the unit without external pedals connected. I have it set up so that when I am in any patch, the quick control knobs are always set up to change parameters I always tinker with during gigs: DELAY MIX, REVERB MIX, and ROTARY SPEED. That way when I want to change any of those parameters during a gig, I don’t have to hunt through menus to find the parameter I want to change. Is there a way to assign the 5 ABCDE rotary knobs on the AxeFx III to user selected parameters as in the quick control knobs on the FXII?

Not yet but it’s on the to-do list.

Curious how this will affect the existing function assignments on A-E knobs. Is there going to be concept where there's a "gig" mode and a "config" mode or something, or will the A-E functions be overwritten and users will have to use alternative routes to those functions?

This is a big one for me would love to see the 10 global assignable knobs and performance mode
Will be great to adjust a rev mix
Delay mix NFB sag etc all on the fly

Just as note that this was implemented ages ago as "MANUAL" controller sources.

• Love
Reactions: jon
Am I right in guessing it's the same function as the perform page, but under a different name?
It’s a little different. Performance Pages give you access to any specific parameters for quick access, like building your own custom UI. The manual controllers are like any other modifier source, they can be attached to multiple parameters. And the manual controllers can be added to the Performance Pages.

Think one knob controlling your delay mix, delay feedback, and delay mod all at once.

It’s a little different. Performance Pages give you access to any specific parameters for quick access, like building your own custom UI. The manual controllers are like any other modifier source, they can be attached to multiple parameters. And the manual controllers can be added to the Performance Pages.

Think one knob controlling your delay mix, delay feedback, and delay mod all at once.

Im into it!

I think all the internal controller settings (Scene Controllers, LFOs, Sequencer, etc) are stored as part of the preset.

I’d forgotten how the quick controls worked on the Axefx2. They didn’t have defined positions so wouldn’t have been been applied to global settings.

I’d love a global version of the Manual control option.

Back
Top Bottom