Can the axe fx be plugged into the computer to use axe edit, but not be acting as a sound card?

rich2k4

Inspired
I'd like to be able to have the axe fx plugged in via usb but only for using Axe Edit. Is it possible to "turn off" the sound card portion? I'd still want music to come out of my pc speakers, while the axe fx sound comes out of a different source.

Of course... you may want to check the manual online and wiki for trivial questions like this.

Yes of course. You can use another soundcard, just set that soundcard as sound device in Windows.
But, if you only have an internal regular soundcard it won't be good for recording. For that you'd need a card made for recording.

Yes!

I have Axe FX II XL+ connect via USB then I have Scarlett 18i8 also connected via USB. I set my Scarlett 18i8 as default soundcard.

I use all the time my Axe and Axe edit and Axe is connect to my Scarlett 18i8 soundcard, so if I play and record etc. I use my Scarlett soundcard as default but still have chance to work with Axe / Axe edit and twik sound etc.

If both of those are not on then my default card is computers own internal soundcard.

Back
Top Bottom