Can the AX8 Transpose - If so, how well does it work?

WERNER1

Inspired
Hey guys!

I'm getting into a new situation where we're playing a lot of songs in like Eb and Bb and I'd like to transpose or pitch shift up and/or down a 1/2 step. I don't have the option or time to change guitars or tune between standard open chord Key'd songs as we transition between songs rather quickly..

I've been trying to use a capo, but I absolutely hate using a capo on an electric guitar,.. ..

So, is there an effect on the AX8 that can transpose on the fly that works well? If so, how is it set up and utilized?

Thanks in advance,
Rick

PS - Sorry, I'm sure I could google this and read the manual,.. but this just came up and I'm working so not much time for research at the moment ;)

You can use the Pitch block at the beginning of your chain... I don't have an AX8 so can't comment on how well it works.

Lots of people seem to like the Drop pedal for this instead of an in the box solution.

You can use the Pitch block at the beginning of your chain... I don't have an AX8 so can't comment on how well it works.

Lots of people seem to like the Drop pedal for this instead of an in the box solution.
Ok thanks, I'm going to be playing around with it tonight on bass,.. then maybe experiment on guitar ;)

Use pitch block. Useable... the net effect is different from tuning the guitar, ie while guitar vibrate at E the feedback is Eb or B... it fight against some resonances or pinch harmonics... (true with all virtual capo)! There's some warble at extreme setting and complex chord also.
It depends on what you play and your ears... it may work for you... I suggest to try and ask a feeback from band members.

Thanks guys,.. I did play around with it for a bit,.. just seemed like there was some slight delay or latency going on... and there was some tone degragation ... and this was just using my bass. In the end I decided to just re-tune my bass on the fly between songs real quick (Drop down a 1/2 step)... but with my guitars this isn't an option so I'm still on the hunt for a good solution .. :D

Back
Top Bottom