Can the AX8 replace the MFC?

acidfrost

Inspired
Hey people!

I currently have an Axe-FX 2 MK2 and a MFC MK3. I like the setup but for smaller gig it's a lot to bring (Rack, MFC with expressions, Guitars, Atomic CLR).

I'm looking at the AX8, but I also use the Axe-FX for more complicated effects and to record/reamp, so I want to keep it too.

Can the AX8 easily control the Axe-FX with basic programming so I could sell my MFC? I would then be able to use the AX8 for small gigs and the Axe-FX controlled by the AX8 for bigger gigs.

I may be wrong but the only things it can do midi wise is send a pc or cc command on each scene change. So I believe you could set it up to control scenes on the II or change presets. Not even sure you could use expression pedals either.

Hey people!

I currently have an Axe-FX 2 MK2 and a MFC MK3. I like the setup but for smaller gig it's a lot to bring (Rack, MFC with expressions, Guitars, Atomic CLR).

I'm looking at the AX8, but I also use the Axe-FX for more complicated effects and to record/reamp, so I want to keep it too.

Can the AX8 easily control the Axe-FX with basic programming so I could sell my MFC? I would then be able to use the AX8 for small gigs and the Axe-FX controlled by the AX8 for bigger gigs.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

The AX8 can only transmit PC changes with scene changes on the AX8 (which would also include a preset change since it would go to Scene1) so all you would be able to do is change presets with it.
-
Austin

Ah damn! Then only way to use them for bigger gigs would be to go a 4CM way. But then a lot more cables. hmmmmm

Ah damn! Then only way to use them for bigger gigs would be to go a 4CM way. But then a lot more cables. hmmmmm

Well, it might be worth thinking about whether or not the AX8 could replace your Axe FX2 for all your gigs. If it could then you could keep the Axe FX2 for recording where perhaps an MFC101 wouldn't be necessary.
-
Austin

Well, it might be worth thinking about whether or not the AX8 could replace your Axe FX2 for all your gigs. If it could then you could keep the Axe FX2 for recording where perhaps an MFC101 wouldn't be necessary.
-
Austin
Yeah I've been thinking about it. The CPU limit might not work for some live effects, will know better once more reviews start to come out. I'm not even on the list so it's not for now! lol

Back
Top Bottom