Can someone replicate this dripping wet clean tone?

oh man... I guess you know what we'd all like you to do, right :) ? Enzo's settings were really good already, but I bekieve he never compared or dialed them in with an actual TRI. the expectations are high :)

or you could send it to Cliff if he'd be up for an additional Tri Chorus block...

It came in today. I didn't get much time to play with it but in the short time I did I am pretty confident the axe-fx can get pretty darn close. I was able to get fairly close just by slighlty adjusting what I already had (which was based partially on Enzos settings). Also, the missing movement and shimmer we have been discussing does not appear to be coming from the trichorus. That being said, it does sound really sweet.

I doubt I have time to work on it before next week because of band practice and working a 72 hour week next week, but after that...

It came in today. I didn't get much time to play with it but in the short time I did I am pretty confident the axe-fx can get pretty darn close. I was able to get fairly close just by slighlty adjusting what I already had (which was based partially on Enzos settings). Also, the missing movement and shimmer we have been discussing does not appear to be coming from the trichorus. That being said, it does sound really sweet.

I doubt I have time to work on it before next week because of band practice and working a 72 hour week next week, but after that...
ahh man. really happy for you ! no need to rush, I'll be here (or there) :) . which of the three did you get ? well, doesn't matter really as they are all very special in their own right.

Is this solved or have we given up?

“You ain’t gonna believe this, but you used to fit right here. I’d hold you up to say to your mother, ‘This kid’s gonna be the best kid in the world. This kid’s gonna be somebody better than anybody I ever knew.’ And you grew up good and wonderful. It was great just watchin’ you, every day was like a privilege. Then the time come for you to be your own man and take on the world, and you did. But somewhere along the line, you changed. You stopped being you. You let people stick a finger in your face and tell you you’re no good. And when things got hard, you started lookin’ for something to blame, like a big shadow.

Let me tell you something you already know.The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place, and I don’t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard you hit, it’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done!

Now if you know what you’re worth, then go out and get what you’re worth! But you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers saying you ain’t where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody! Cowards do that and that ain’t you! You’re better than that!
I’m always gonna love you no matter what. No matter what happens. You’re my son and you’re my blood. You’re the best thing in my life. But until you start believing in yourself, you ain’t gonna have a life.

Don’t forget to visit your mother.”

My $0.02: It is hard-to-impossible to capture something vintage like the H-3000 with the Axe (or anything). You can approximate it but... That's why I have a PCM-70 in my rack. In fact, I wish I could use it's super sweet reverb (yes, I find it far creamier than the Axe, alas), but I can't because I use some of its more extreme patches a lot - and in a different place in the signal chain than I do a reverb. I have pondered putting another PCM-70 after everything, right before my amp for reverb - but a) it's mono in-stereo out amd I may want to do true stereo again someday b) it's big, heavy, delicate, and though I own 3, they don't make 'em anymore.

Life's full of compromises. If you simply LOVE the sound of some of these vintage fx, you may need to put 'em in you rack, in the FX loop.

Best of luck.

Last edited:
i don't see why you'd need another patch - just load the preset, reset the amp and off you go. the only potential problem may be with the multidelay, i suppose. has anyone actually bothered to try it?? i have had a version of this patch on my axe since it was created and i don't have any problems with it at all.

+ 1 to what Simeon said, you can use that one with any clean amp settings you want. I tweaked the preset though, adding Chorus Dimension C etc., here's this version, which wouldn't need any updating as it doesn't use any amp block.

Attachments

• Mike Landau big rev.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
I tried the circular and pan delays under v14 and the delays were going crazy. You can dial the feedback down but when you don't know where they were originally set, it's difficult. Was wondering if this was the same deal with the tri stereo patch? It really needs the person who created it to confirm if it is still working the same.
Looks like you guys put a lot of work into these patches over the years and the mp3 links on here sound really really good. Hats off to all of you.

Reviving a dead thread that I found while hunting for TriChorus and TC 1210 ideas... lol... my attempt is attached using the QuadChorus and Tri-Axis amp. Five scenes: 1 and 2 clean, 3 crunch, 4 crunch, 5 lead. Oh you probably need to change the Cab block IR - I have the ML "Best IR In The World" installed. Note I also have an external volume and wah pedals, and an external Tap Tempo. I play this with a dual-splittable humbucker PRS Brushstroke 24 guitar. Other than that have fun!

Attachments

• B250_LandauPCLG1210st_210305.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 23
Back
Top Bottom