Can someone replicate this dripping wet clean tone?

My tri-chorus should be here by the end of the week, but I'll be in Microsoft Server bootcamp all next week so I won't have much time to play with it.

Wow, those things are really hard to come by. Just for the record, I don't have an actual TSC - but I think we all knew that, right!?!?!? :p

A bit more drive on the 99 preamp:

Yet, a bit more drive and tweaked some amp settings:

Opinions are invaluable!

Wow, those things are really hard to come by. Just for the record, I don't have an actual TSC - but I think we all knew that, right!?!?!? :p

Opinions are invaluable!

just about there. It is sounding REALLY good!

Opinions are invaluable!

As JJ said... that's VERY close! It seems to need just a tab bit more top end. The biggest thing that I can tell is that the note doesn't "last as long" or "get as big"... maybe a longer delay?

Opinions are invaluable!

This is so close to Landau's tales from the bulge tone! Major kudos for your perseverance! The only thing I'd tweak at this point is the delay. Maybe add another (circular) delay block to add more space to the sound.

My tri-chorus should be here by the end of the week, but I'll be in Microsoft Server bootcamp all next week so I won't have much time to play with it.

Those are very good news. I'm already looking forward to your insights in the coming weeks. By the way: Any chance that you could lend your unit to Cliff? Having a dedicated tri-chorus preset in the Axe FX II would be invaluable, because right now it's very hard to get a convincing dyno my piano / dytronics tri-chorus sound.

Can't give any advice Chef, but in my opinion the presets sounds so good! I like how it goes from sparkling to mellow.

Chef,

I really like what you've got!

I decided to give it a try, modifying other people's excellent work. I'm trying more with different amps and the MBC to see if I can get it closer in the ballpark. Here's the preset:

Attachments

• Landau Wet2.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 92
anybody try my patch?

just watched the video again and i'm pretty sure everything is in series. the delays are at any rate....at 1:24 you can clearly hear that the eventide cascading into the strymon

Tried both the landau and yours. The Landau seems to be more thick and deeper. Your patch got definitely les dark using a gate/expander after the MBC, 2xparallel (2x12 Silver RW) CAB with SM58 mic. Also using High chorus depth (and lowering a bit the depth%) instead of Low makes it quite weird, but here nothing to do with the original no more. Sorry if this is crab to your expert eyes...i'm so sorry ! When switching in I had this Shiva Capistan patch on, some of this type of Capistan delay seems to be in the original sound and I can't hear it back in both (delicious) patches.
Thanks a lot, exceptionnal sound for both your patches (Simeon and the Chef), you're the best.

I started working a bit on this, this morning.

One thing that worked well with compressor to get a nice thick compression after the amp was to set the sidechain to input 1 and set the filter on the sidechain at somewhere between 500-1000hz. All took the look ahead off. I tried the multiband but I liked the sound of the studio comp better.

I started working a bit on this, this morning.

One thing that worked well with compressor to get a nice thick compression after the amp was to set the sidechain to input 1 and set the filter on the sidechain at somewhere between 500-1000hz. All took the look ahead off. I tried the multiband but I liked the sound of the studio comp better.

Will try this later on!

In my patch I'm using the Studio comp. and the Multiband i series as such. The studio is set to take the initial attack and the multi to do the actual compression/tone shaping. But I will definitely try that... It will be really interesting to see what tones you come up with Java.

I checked out the Italo De Angelis link... he had a nice signal schematic for his Michael In A Box Eventide patch, so I tried to implement it on the Axe FX II as good as I could...

I've also included 2 Mixers, so each effect mix, except for the compressor and quad chorus, can be altered there. All the effects are set to 0 dB Output Gain and 100% Mix, except for the aforementioned two effects. I'm sure the 2 mixers still need a bit of tweaking to make the sound perfect, as well as the delay times.

Anyway, here's what it sounds like now:

And here's the patch:
View attachment Landauuuhhhhhh.syx

Tell me what you think of it...

Chef,

I really like what you've got!

I decided to give it a try, modifying other people's excellent work. I'm trying more with different amps and the MBC to see if I can get it closer in the ballpark. Here's the preset:

Dangit...the attachment didn't take. I'll try again when I get back in front of my DAW where the file is. Meanwhile, how about sharing your preset now, Chef?

I checked out the Italo De Angelis link... he had a nice signal schematic for his Michael In A Box Eventide patch, so I tried to implement it on the Axe FX II as good as I could...

I've also included 2 Mixers, so each effect mix, except for the compressor and quad chorus, can be altered there. All the effects are set to 0 dB Output Gain and 100% Mix, except for the aforementioned two effects. I'm sure the 2 mixers still need a bit of tweaking to make the sound perfect, as well as the delay times.

And here's the patch:
View attachment 13154

i think it's super!

i had to turn on the input noise gate, but apart from that i think it sounds terrific

And here's the patch:
View attachment 13154

I took the same approach. It sounds really cool.

I took the same approach. It sounds really cool.

Wonder what your preset will sound like... my preset is not very sophisticated, I merely copied the signal path laid out by Italo and used some saved effect templates on those blocks.

i think it's super!

i had to turn on the input noise gate, but apart from that i think it sounds terrific

Thanks! Didn't expect that kind of praise as the preset is roughly a template, there's not much thought behind the delay settings and the mixing of each of these effects. IMO it sounds a bit too wet, I mean it's still usable, but too wet for a classic Landau patch.

Btw: Here's some ear-candy I've found while searching google for Tri-Stereo Chorus and Landau.

http://www.lasounddesign.net/assets/showroom/triclip2.mp3

http://www.lasounddesign.net/assets/showroom/triclip1.mp3

http://www.lasounddesign.net/assets/showroom/triclip3.mp3

http://www.lasounddesign.net/assets/showroom/triclip41.mp3

http://www.lasounddesign.net/assets/showroom/triclip42.mp3

http://www.lasounddesign.net/assets/showroom/triclip5.mp3

A guy named David Phillips posted these on HRI, and each clip sounds killer... but I'm glad that we're approaching at least some of the Landau clean settings in this thread! More than I hoped for... thanks guys!

i did end up tweaking it a bit to my taste....reducing the reverb level and changing some of the delays times and mix levels etc, but that was about it. i grabbed the quad chorus setting and saved it. loaded it into another one of my clean patches and it sounds great.

Back
Top Bottom