can someone help with this effect please?

Dudeskin

Inspired
Hi guys,
ive not looked into the axe like this so im not sure where to start.
this is the track...
Mestis - Luz Y Cielo - YouTube

i know he uses axe fx 2 and gets this effect live too if you check out the EMG vid of the same track.

i just like the subtle extras.

cheers

Joe

Nice tune.

Do you mean that "shimmering" sound in the background?

Here's a start:

Add a MultiDelay block after the Amp, before Reverb. Set it to Plex Shift. Use Mix to blend in the desired effect level.
To add the "stutter", add a Pan/Trem block after the Multidelay, fast Rate, and dial it in.
I think I'm also hearing a Phaser, so add a Phaser block after the Pan/Trem, with low Rate.

EDIT: Forgot something: you want the direct signal to be dry (+ reverb), without Trem and Phaser. Which means that you need to place the MultiDelay, Trem and Phaser in a separate row. Split the signal after the Amp to another row, place the 3 blocks there, and merge the paths again. In the MultiDelay set Mix to 100% and start with Level at -20. Also apply Hi-Cut in the MultiDelay to make the "shimmer" darker.

Preset attached. As I said, just to start with. Hope it works, it's created with latest beta firmware.

Attachments

• shimmer.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Damn dude ... I have a friend that likes to to go by "Dog Ears" --- however I think you are more worthy of that moniker!

Nice tune.

Do you mean that "shimmering" sound in the background?

Here's a start:
Add a MultiDelay block after the Amp, before Reverb. Set it to Plex Shift. Use Mix to blend in the desired effect level.
To add the "stutter", add a Pan/Trem block after the Multidelay, fast Rate, and dial it in.
I think I'm also hearing a Phaser, so add a Phaser block after the Pan/Trem, with low Rate.

Reactions: yek
Attached preset above, to start with.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom