Can someone help me out with matching this tone?

gb714us

So for the longest time, I've been trying to recreate this tone. The amp reacts in such a certain way that's so pleasing. Im not sure how to explain it, but it's pretty dynamic but also been pretty hard for me to match.

What I know about the gear used:

Gibson LP (probably on the neck pickup)
Mesa Boogie Triple rectifier
Boss Hyper Fuzz FZ2

Im mostly trying to figure out how to get an amp to react in such a way that it matches this tone.. particularly at 2:47, 3:01, and the little details 3:13-3.19 (like the string noise).

I feel like the qualities are kinda glassy but all pretty saggy when digging in. Not sure how else to describe it.

Thanks in advance

Kind of sounds like there's a bit of phaser going on in there, too.

Edit:

Damn it.. Burgs beat by a few seconds!

Im mostly trying to figure out how to get an amp to react in such a way that it matches this tone.. particularly at 2:47, 3:01, and the little details 3:13-3.19 (like the string noise).

These details look like double-stop bends. That is not related to the amp or effects but to playing technique.

Hi gb714us,

Have you tried the dweezle bassman with a phaser?
Thanks
Pauly

So for the longest time, I've been trying to recreate this tone. The amp reacts in such a certain way that's so pleasing. Im not sure how to explain it, but it's pretty dynamic but also been pretty hard for me to match.

What I know about the gear used:

Gibson LP (probably on the neck pickup)
Mesa Boogie Triple rectifier
Boss Hyper Fuzz FZ2

I feel like the qualities are kinda glassy but all pretty saggy when digging in. Not sure how else to describe it.

Thanks in advance

That's probably my least favorite song on one of my most favorite albums. Still good though :)

To completely nail that tone a signature LP may be required (with its 27.5" scale). You should be able to get close with a regular LP though.

thanks all. I think the phaser makes a big difference. Still playing around with the amp settings.

If you guys havent, check out that entire album. Its gold!

Back
Top Bottom