Can someone give me the name of a new factory preset so I can varify I did the new fa

mets1969

Inspired
Can someone give me the name of one of the new factory presets so I can verify I did them correctly?

Thank You very much

Bank and Name Please

Can someone give me the name of one of the new factory presets so I can verify I did them correctly?

Thank You very much

Bank and Name Please

Just as a heads up, a simple way to visually see what is goin on is create a new window in axe-manage (view > new view > "your source location") and then click (window > docked) and you will have side by side windows. I set the left window to bank a and the right window to the dowloaded preset folder on my desktop on the right.

Right click the bank in the right window and (send to a axefx > this bank). Follow the prompt on which bank you wish to overide and hit enter. You will now see the presets get updated in the left window. Repeat the staps by changing the destination bank in left window and choosing the approriate source and paths in the right for the other two banks.

Just my 2 pennies.

Here is how it will look... I took the snapshot as preset 17 was being overwritten as you can see...

update.jpg

Go to the Utilitiy page on your axe fx and keep moving forward until you see the page that states the firmware in the utility section.
That is a clear cut confirmation whether you got the upgrade or not. Also don't forget to update the banks.

Go to the Utilitiy page on your axe fx and keep moving forward until you see the page that states the firmware in the utility section.
That is a clear cut confirmation whether you got the upgrade or not. Also don't forget to update the banks.

I could be wrong but I think he updated his banks and just wanted to verify the presets were in fact updated since you dont visually see it.

Thanks guys for all your help! I did it :) That was correct what cobbler said I had the update my problem was just the presets. Thanks again

I tried this method using Axe-Edit, but when I send the bank, after a few seconds it just stops, and then does nothing, like it's frozen. I tried it a few times, but it did the same thing, so i'm not convinced the bank transferred properly to the Axe-Fx II.

I tried this method using Axe-Edit, but when I send the bank, after a few seconds it just stops, and then does nothing, like it's frozen. I tried it a few times, but it did the same thing, so i'm not convinced the bank transferred properly to the Axe-Fx II.

I have done it the way i showed in my post dozens of times. 90 % of the time it just runs through smoothly about one preset a second. However, a few times it will stop for like 20 seconds on one preset or another but if I left it alone it would resume and you would see them update and turn green. It's worked every singe time for me. I know that doesn't help you any but just wanted to give you a heads up in case you aborted after just a few seconds of freezing.

Another simple way to verify is to simply rename the last one in the bank on the axe and then you will know if it gets over written. I hope you can sort out your issues easily. What PC system are you using? Mine is pretty state of the art and very quick.

Thanks, that's where I got the method from to begin with. I followed the procedure, and it was all good up to the point where (on the video) the presets start going green. Mine just stops at that point.

Hi Craig, I have the same issue and have tried three different laptops and both USB and Midi with no luck. What you can do is use MidiOx. You can send the new version 6 bank .sys files directly to the Axe without doing anything on the Axe and it works. There is a section in the Wiki on it. Hope this helps.
Cheers Simon

Thank you! This is exactly what I needed to get me going. This visual made it so much quicker than trying to decipher what somebody means in some cases. I had the firmware done but needed to get the latest patches loaded. This is all still very new to me. My Axe-FX II is celebrating it's 1 week birthday with me today. Thanks!!

Hi Craig, I have the same issue and have tried three different laptops and both USB and Midi with no luck. What you can do is use MidiOx. You can send the new version 6 bank .sys files directly to the Axe without doing anything on the Axe and it works. There is a section in the Wiki on it. Hope this helps.
Cheers Simon

Thanks, I had thought of that as a last resort. I have several Midi progams on my PC, Including Mid Ox. I will try it using my laptop first, then if that doesn't work I'll just send the banks using Midi Ox.

I have done it the way i showed in my post dozens of times. 90 % of the time it just runs through smoothly about one preset a second. However, a few times it will stop for like 20 seconds on one preset or another but if I left it alone it would resume and you would see them update and turn green. It's worked every singe time for me. I know that doesn't help you any but just wanted to give you a heads up in case you aborted after just a few seconds of freezing.

Another simple way to verify is to simply rename the last one in the bank on the axe and then you will know if it gets over written. I hope you can sort out your issues easily. What PC system are you using? Mine is pretty state of the art and very quick.

Well my PC is pretty old but its fairly quick because I only use it for Axe-Edit. Never had any specific issues before. I'll try it a couple more times, then I'll try my laptop, then if all else fails, Midi Ox.

Many thanks Craig Shoosmith > Craig Shewmake (It always makes me laugh how similar our names are!!)

Back
Top Bottom