Can Someone Give Me a LowDown of all their Favorite High Gain Models Added in the Last year?

LKnight4949

Inspired
I've been using the 5153 100W Red for the longest time. Always been my goto.

Looking to try out some new high-gain amps. My genres are Death Metal/Djent/Prog.

I just want to get an idea of some of your guys' favorite newer high gain additions.

The Quantum update has so many damn new amps in it my head is spinning. I don't even know where to start. :)

Probably the polar opposite of new but my favorite gainy model is Das metal, definitely does all those genres and then some

The new Engl Savage model (Angle Severe) is amazing. It is by far my favorite metal amp in the Axe. I don't know that I would call it versatile though.

The HBE is obviously a great one too. That's what Misha uses often.

I don't remember when they were added, but my other favorites are: Fryette D60, Citrus RV50, Cameron CCV, Splawn Quickrod, Cali Leggy, Soldano SLO, FAS BROOTALZ, and more. Just go to the wiki and look through the amps. It's good for getting a feel for the amp and its applications.

I think the IR's put out this last year by Clark Kent have been the big buzz around town. They've made just about every metal based preset I've had like 200% better. The libraries are fairly large but when you find the right cabs, you know it..

Reactions: DTS
Earlier I used Fas Modern/Rect01 Red/5153 Red/HBE/Usa Lead
.. but in Quantum my main Crunch is FAS Hotrod with Micro boost

It can do Rock/Hardrock/Metal/Metalcore/Djent with minor tweaks

(For leads I still use IIC+ with T808 drive)

Awesome! thanks a ton guys.

The wiki is damn overwhelming. Sometimes it's nice to come here and just get some impressions from fellow Fractal heads to get the ball rolling!

I think the IR's put out this last year by Clark Kent have been the big buzz around town. They've made just about every metal based preset I've had like 200% better. The libraries are fairly large but when you find the right cabs, you know it..

I'll have to check those out! I doubt anything is going to pry me away from Cab Pack 13...jesus christ did Misha do an amazing job with that. Is there anything that ML Misha Mix 01 USA Bulb doesn't sound good with?! :)

Edit:
Oh shit...I just realized ML Sound Labs = Clark Kent. Damn I'm out of the loop. :) Yes...Clark Kent's IRs are second to none!

I've tried and tried amp after amp but to get the sound and feel I like its the Angle 1 and the 5153 red for me. The Herbie use to be one of my faves but not anymore. The Angle has a deeper sound than the 5153, the 5153 has a really good feel to it.

I've tried and tried amp after amp but to get the sound and feel I like its the Angle 1 and the 5153 red for me. The Herbie use to be one of my faves but not anymore. The Angle has a deeper sound than the 5153, the 5153 has a really good feel to it.

I have a feeling I'm gonna mess around with all these amps and just end up going back to the 5153. :)

Dude, if you really like the 5153 you should give the Friedman HBE an honest shot. It's voiced very similarly.

+1 on the Recto. I've NEVER used it before. I always passed right on by, never liked it. I've been using the HBE almost exclusively for a year. But this week I went searching for a particular sound, and I found it in the Recto. (can't remember if it was 1 or 2, red or orange off the top of my head. I really had to do some searching on the cabs though, and I ended up with a stock recto and one of CK's in a combination. This might be my best tone yet...

Since I have a MKI Axe FX II, does this mean that the rectos sound different on mine than yours?

MK I, MK II, XL, XL+...it doesn't matter, if you have the latest firmware the sound must be identical (except for slighty lower noise floor on XL and XL+ due to input with secret sauce III).

Angle 1
HBE
5153 50W Blue
Recto 1
Fas Modern

Cab Pack 13 and 19 ;)

Those are the ones i like.

Hi! Just to add another point of view (I like Angle 1, HE and HBE too) i´m getting really good results (in my opinion) and more "grainy" gain with JVM OD1 Orange with really subtle ts-808 before for modern tones and cab pack 13 01 misha´s mix.

With low output pups i needed a studio compressor module in order to keep modern hi gain tone.

The Euro Uber (Bogner Uberschall) is quite a beast, too, imo (perhaps the "Depth" maybe needs a bit of an adjustment tho, from it's default settings )

Back
Top Bottom